Homemade Fruit Rollups (W/Pic)

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
I have been missing in action. So many things going on in my life (including my mom who was diagnosed with breast cancer) and just haven't had the time to experiement with recipes and such. I was browsing Pinterest the other day and saw a recipe for homemade fruit rollups. I was inspired. You know why? Because this recipe only calls for two recipes and I like easy recipes. Ones that I don't have to think about much, or worry that I will screw up (though while these were drying, I worried that they woudn't work. What can I say, I worry about everything including fruit rollups :bigsmile:).

So anyway, these are so easy. SO EASY DO YOU HEAR? :laugh: The only annoying thing about this recipe is that it takes forever for the fruit to dry, but if you stick it in the oven in the morning and go about cleaning your house (or not) it can dry for several hours and you won't even feel the time pass. And the calories in these are so low that even if you shove the entire recipe in your mouth at once, you will not consume more than 200 calories. It is less. I didn't enter it though because I am lazy.

I used 2 cups (total, not of each) of chopped strawberries, bananas, pineapples, and mangos. I had a bag of the frozen ones and just measured out 2 cups, thawed it, and then stuck it in a blender and blended the ever living hell out of it until it was smooooooth. You want it to be completely pureed and smooth. Add cinnamon to taste (about a tsp). Blend.

Now, get a cookie sheet baking dish that has the jelly roll sides (is that what they are called? :blushing:) and line it with parchment paper and then spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the mixture on the sheet and smooth out with a spatula. You want it to be a thin layer, I don't know how thin, just take a guess. Fruit rollup thin? lol

Stick that sucker in the oven on the lowest setting (mine was 170) for 6 to 8 hours the recipe says. I did mine on 200 for 4 hours and it turned out good. Just keep checking it and when the middle is not stick and it's dry, it is ready.

Let it sit out and cool for a second and then peel the fruit from the paper and it will be all sorts of rolluppy! I peeled and put it on another piece of parchment paper that fit the dried fruit, rolled them and then cut them to look like the fruit by the foot. Remember those?

Anyway, this is the longest recipe thread for the shortest recipe known to man, but I still have things to say. I don't buy the boxed fruit rollup crap for my kids because they are full of sugar and other stuff I don't like them to eat. I fed this to my daughter and she LOVED THEM! And I let her eat them, because what do I care? It's real fruit. She can eat as much as she wants.

Here is a picture of my final product...

552935_10151071335887868_606292043_n.jpg

Happy Fruit Rollupping! :heart:

Replies

• FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    this looks great! thanks for sharing :)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice! But I don't want to spend all day making them! Can you do it for me??
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am so going to try this!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice! But I don't want to spend all day making them! Can you do it for me??

Um, yeah, NO! LOL
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    thanks lina...sorry about your mom...

this looks like a fun thing to do with the kids...thanks.....
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Bump!! My kids will love this! Thanks!
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    bump
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll actually get my daughter to eat fruit this way! lol Thanks!
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    bump making these for my kids
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!

(PS: Sorry to hear about your Mom - I wish you & yours all the best.:flowerforyou: )
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    YUMMM i'll have to try this when i have a day to kill at home
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting :smile:

I didn't have time to read it but I will come back!
  • tayca9174
    tayca9174 Posts: 37
    Options
    I made this recipe today with fresh picked raspberries, blueberries, black raspberries, and mulberries and they turned out great! Do you have any idea how to figure out the nutritional content such as sugar, carbs, and calories per pan....or how to track it on here? I tried looking under homemade fruit roll-ups and homemade fruit leather and unfortunately everything was high in calories and sugar! I didn't add any sugar to the berries. I had about 4 cups of mixed berries and made 2 pans of fruit roll-ups so I hope each pan is under 200 calories?