McDonald's Big Mac!

Options
MalSponseller
MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
I tried posting this in Food and Nutrition and no one cares!

-le sob-

Maybe this would spark people's interests in the recipe's catergory?

With a look at making an at-home version of the Big Mac with McDonald's head chef, I thought we could come up with an even healthier way of preparing this delicious burger! I, personally, love McDonald's and coming up with a crave-beating version that's also healthy would be awesome!

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/mcdonald-8217-video-reveals-8217-8216-special-sauce-163200771.html

Was thinking:

Turkey meat instead of beef
Light mayo
Light mustard
40 calorie bread instead of buns

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• linrevil
    linrevil Posts: 9
    Options
    try the 80 calorie wheat buns instead of 40 calorie bread to make it seem more hamburger like.

i don't like big macs or else i'd be willing to contribute more
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    i don't like big macs or else i'd be willing to contribute more

-le gasp-

Such heresy!

But seriously, there are 80 calorie buns? These I must find! My boyfriend's nana has been helping us out by buying some of our food for us, and I couldn't get myself to eat the 200 calorie hamburger buns she bought. Noticed they were completely molded over the other day. Felt horrible for tossing the whole bag D:
  • Cattwalk
    Cattwalk Posts: 8
    Options
    Try a low calorie Thousand Island dressing. That is where the main Big Mac flavor is.
    Also, for the bread, try to find a low calorie sour dough bread. Some say sour dough can be better for you than wheat, for blood sugars. Lightly toast it.
    Make the burger very very thin.

Mmmm, I might have to try this myself :0)
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I bet it would be DELICIOUS in wheat pita bread, but that doesn't really help the calorie count.

Now I really want one. Mmmmmm. The "signature burger" at the hospital I delivered my first two children was basically a quarter pounder with thousand island on it. I can't tell you how many I ate during that 2 day period.. BOTH times!
  • brandiec01
    Options
    Healthy Life is the bread that has 80 calories and they also make the slimwhich bread (not sure if that is the correct name or not) but I am def. going to try this!!!
  • SgtMindy
    SgtMindy Posts: 53
    Options
    YUM!!! I love big macs!!!! To cut calories even more, you can forgo the bread and make a lettuce wrap. Love big macs but have never been a fan of there buns...