iFit Live

Options
I just purchased a Nordic Track C1500 treadmill, scheduled for delivery next week. It has the ifit Live/google maps capability - but I didn't want to spend the extra $129 to get it activated. If you have had any experience with it, I'd love to hear about it! Is it worth it??

Replies

• lovenhatelife
    lovenhatelife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a new nordic track treadmill with the ifit capability. I haven't bought the ifit part, because I don't want to spend the $129 for it, but I do admit having that feature was one of the reasons I bought the treadmill. I would like to try it out, sounds cool. But I'm not willing to spend $10/month to use it, (that's after the $129)...if I plan to do that, I might as well go to a gym and skip the almost $1000 I spent on the treadmill.

I read reviews on the ifit before I bought the treadmill, not many people gave reviews on the ifit (makes me wonder if, not many people are using the ifit), but what I read, it works great and it's a neat feature. I have no problem buying the ifit module, but I don't think there should be a monthly plan. The ifit came out in 2010, so maybe as the time goes by, it will become free. I hope.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bump...I asked this a few months ago and got no responses. I'd like to know if it's worth the $ too.

I got the NordicTrack T8 treadmill earlier this year. I love it! And wonder if I'd love it more using this feature.
  • amsarver
    amsarver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Noridtrack treadmill a few weeks ago and also bought the IFit live module. So far, I love it!!! I just got done running through central park! The first year is free, and then there is a monthly fee after that. I will see how the year goes before I decide If i will continue to pay for it! But if I can keep this up I"m sure it will be worth the money! I hope this helps! If you have any other questions before you buy it just ask!
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I thought you just bought the module and then used your own wifi...with the option of buying workouts.

So you use use your laptop to "see" the places?
  • amsarver
    amsarver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You do buy a module and you have to have wifi already. You don't have to buy any workouts once you buy that. Well, after the first year is when it's a monthly fee. But you can choose to run different places or even make your own map. You can do training for different races like 5k, 10k, half, etc. You can also compete in races against other people. I haven't done that yet. Then there are also workouts with Jillian Michaels or Elizabeth Hasselback and you can choose the level that you want. If you treadmil doesn't have a screen on it to where you can actually see the places, yes you can use your laptop or smart phone to see it. If your laptop is on the ifit webpage and once you start to work out, in the upper right hand corner it will say "workout in progress, view live" once you click on that you can see central park or whatever you chose.
  • dmeenan
    Options
    dupe post
  • dmeenan
    Options
    Bought a Nordic Track with 1 yr free iFit - uses our WiFi, no module. LOVE IT! I've made several personal maps and run them with Google "Street View" showing me where I am. Kind of funny watching the seasons change during the run. Also have run several of the pre-configured "specials" like Chicago Lake Front, Central Park, Rome, etc. Really neat. Wife and I both love it. Also iFit keeps track of your workouts, distance, time, speed, calories (came with Polar HB monitor), etc. Frankly I'm thinking of cancelling my part of our family club membership. When our free year is up, I'm definitely renewing. BTW - you set up your personal maps via your PC then they are available when you hop on the treadmill.
  • marlenemb
    marlenemb Posts: 7
    Options
    I had a difficult time finding exactly what all was included with iFit Live when I purchased my Nordic Track treadmill 8 months ago. However, I am glad that I did make the purchase without knowing all the details on iFit. Customer Service has always been extremely helpful each time I have called. If you purchase a new machine, you should receive a free year of iFit and after that the renewal is $79/year - much cheaper than a gym membership. I am not disappointed whatsoever and attribute a great deal of my new healthier lifestyle to the treadmill and motivation I have now to the ability of running new maps. You can see street views as you run and the treadmill will incline/decline as the terrain does. VERY cool! Sure there some issues/bugs every now, but they tend to be more minor annoyances than anything else, and then but it really is incredible technology! The ability to run mostly anywhere in the world really is a great motivator! I only run where there are street views however, and as of right now, much of South America, Africa, Mexico, Central America and some other areas haven't been captured with street view by Google. You can draw your own maps either on their website or on the equipment screen (if you have a built in browser monitor) or you can download pre-drawn maps from http://www.ifitmaps.com which also allows you to search for the exact distance, incline, location, etc you desire. Hope this helps some folks with their decision! :smile:
  • jaffabrown
    jaffabrown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this is a slightly old post regarding the benifits of iFIT but, just wanted to warn others.

From December 2012 through to Feb 2013, the iFIT system has been having MAJOR issues, making it fairly unusable (much to the frustration of the user base). Before anybody purchases an iFIT system, I suggest that they google "iFIT problems" and see sites such as:

http://www.ifit-fail.com

Only then will they get to see the state of the system. Otherwise, even thought they have the correct equipment and network, it will still be gathering dust and unusable.

Its interesting to add that becuase of all the really negative (and sometimes hostile user comments from the iFIT user base) yesterday (18th Feb 2013), iFIT deleted their iFIT facebook page and all the negative comments. Now, customers can only communicate with iFIT through the useless support phone line or the never-answered support email system.
  • amypayton218
    Options
    I bought a Nordictrack with the IFit Google Maps in 2012 & I love it.. I did not spend any money on the Ifit... When I bought it, it came with an Activation Code and all I had to do was go the the website, sign up & put in the activation code & that was it... Now, I use mine for putting maps into my treadmill so that I can have a variety of workouts.. I hope this Helps