1st posting

Options
emingus
emingus Posts: 6 Member
I joined about a month ago. So far I've lost 12 pounds. It's been pretty easy so far. I have a feeling that I'll be hitting the plateau soon. Any suggestions to get over the hump? I need to lose another 25 pounds to get to my target weight. I'm always looking for motivators.

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome, remember if a plateau does come to be patient. Your body adjusting. Keep working at things. You can change things up, like your diet and work outs. You can get over that hump.
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You know, I hear and read all about plateaus on this site. This is week 21 for me and I have yet to hit a plateau. I recognize that men tend to lose weight easier than women, so maybe I or you won't experience this stage. I do believe though that some people's self proclaimed plateaus are in fact dishonesty about what they are eating or calories they are burning. At best, all of these numbers are estimates. Some are pretty good estimates, some are not. For me, I've come to learn to try and over estimate on food, especially if you didn't prepare it. Hidden calories abound that you will never know you ate.
    Likewise, exercise calories burned are usually overestimated. The monitors you can get now are fairly accurate, but if you compared side by side, you will find lots of variance. Thusly, if you do an extra 15 or 20 mins, you will surely help mitigate over estimations here. As I've sheded pounds, I am finding I can do more and more, So that now I exercise on avg 2 hrs/day.

Good job on that first month!
  • d4rkn3ss06
    d4rkn3ss06 Posts: 57
    Options
    Try switching up your exercise routine; like adding in strength training if you are not already doing so. Make sure you are always fueling our body right! So eat your calories!! including your what you burn during exercise! :) best of luck to you!