just ate my snack for the night and still very hungry! help

Options
so the food tracker and exercise tracker says i still am suppose to consume more calories than i did today, i am over my protein by 1,, just had 2cups of popcorn with tsp of margarine,, but its late but i so want something filling...can i have anything more...im 274 and 5'6 im supposed to consume over 2000 calories and i basically did over 1200

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about going over on protein - eat more and meet your calorie requirements for the day.
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Cute pic.

Drink some warm tea with stevia or agava or honey....Or eat a apple you will burn the calories digesting the apple.
  • jlreser
    jlreser Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Chew a piece of yummy dessert flavored gum! :D And chug some water....that's what I do. :D
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You have almost 800 calories left for the day? Eat! Especially if you're hungry! Sorry, I'm sure people mean well, but not sure why anyone would say to chew gum and drink water, if you're hungry and have that many calories left.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is a carb. Therefore, it's not filling and won't stay with you long. You need something with some fat in it. And perhaps protein. If you have any cottage cheese, have some of that. It' s excellent at night and has casien whey in it, a protein that helps you sleep. If you don't have that, have something similar. Or, if you have a piece of cooked meat, have that. Meat has few calories and is filling. Just don't eat carbs. Wrong thing to eat at night.
  • EvilMomma
    EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself; that kind of deprivation will only cause you to binge when your body says, "enough is enough". That said; when I'm still hungry at the end of the day, I eat. This evening's meal was a veggie taco with refried beans, tomatoes, cucumber, aged cheddar cheese, onions... and chips for crunch; and a large glass of fat free milk. I hadn't eaten enough earlier today so I let myself have lots. I'm quite satisfied. Yesterday I had a home-made brownie.

My goal is to create an eating lifestyle that I can live with for the rest of my life, not just lose weight for today.
  • Vickilite
    Vickilite Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    vegetables! Make yourself a yummy stir fry. Just skip adding meat if you are topped out on protein. Go for the filling nature of the veggies. Drink water with it.

Here is one of my fav recipes: Slice a tomato or two in thick slices, put the slices on a foil lined baking sheet. Put them under the broiler until they just start to get soft. Then pull out the sheet, sprinkle the slices w/ Italian seasoning and garlic powder, then top with a bit of grated parmesan. Broil until cheese is bubbly. Kind of tastes like a pizza!
  • ClemsonMGT
    ClemsonMGT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do not eat carbs or sugars late at night. No agave, honey, popcorn or anything else that's been mentioned. I firmly believe it doesn't matter when you eat or how many meals you divide your daily requirements into. However, eating these things at night will only hinder you from getting a restful night of sleep which is crucial to building muscle and losing weight. Not to mention sugar is absolutely detrimental to weight loss, you should think about minimizing that as much as possible. I'm not a fan of artificial things nor preservatives as they will either cause bloating or cancer but until you're more sincere/strict with you nutrition and have developed tastes for plain things I have a suggestion to hold you over.

First of all anytime you ever think you're hungry or before you eat any foods, consume as much water as you can as these hunger feelings may just be thirst or psychological cravings (btw you should be drinking nothing but water, stay away from diet sodas). As for a late night snack, have you tried greek yogurt? PLAIN greek yogurt that is. Take 8oz mix with about two tablespoons of fat-free sugar-free jello pudding mix (I've had them all, pistachio and butterscotch the best ;) add water to get the desired consistency and let it set in the fridge to settle or eat right away (abt 160 cal, 10 carbs, 0 fat, 23 protein, 9 sugar). If I'm planning ahead I also really like taking this same pudding mixture and pouring it into my freezer pops for greek yogurt fudgesicles. They take longer to eat and are more satisfying.

Hope this helps!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If you have spare calories, eat them.

There's nothing wrong with eating ANY macronutrient at night provided it doesn't interfere with sleep and provided it doesn't put you over your TDEE.
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    water always fills me up. sometimes we mistake signs of dehydration as signs of hunger.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    You have almost 800 calories left for the day? Eat! Especially if you're hungry! Sorry, I'm sure people mean well, but not sure why anyone would say to chew gum and drink water, if you're hungry and have that many calories left.

This and why are you trying to eat 1200 if your daily is 2000?! If you underfeed and have moments like this of being starving, that is a signal that you aren't eating enough. Don't make it harder than it has to be.
    A grilled cheese sandwich will probably satisfy you, so go for it. Depending on the amount of cheese you use, that is an easy 600 or so cals
    Peanut butter ona a banana is an easy 300 cals
    Nuts are 160 per 1/4 cup, have a cup
    Have a couple eggs and toast
    String cheese is good too
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^This

And its fine to go over protein and fats (they are set really low as a default on MFP anyway so it is probably good if you go over assuming you still have the default settings)
  • RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Eat!