Trying to get motivated again

Options
Hi - I joined this evening after noticing a friend/colleague posting on facebook about her progress today. I have used Calorie Counter in the past but didn't receive much support there. I'm hoping this will be different.

I have 10 pounds that continue to nag away at me. I just turned 58 and know that my 60's are just around the corner. I need to get in shape and eat healthy now.

Replies

• SwingDancer27
    SwingDancer27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey I just wanted to let you know that you can do it and don't give up! :) Know that there is someone who believes in you, and you're an inspiration! Good luck!!
  • Orffteacher15
    Options
    Thanks for responding to my post so quickly. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new journey. So thankful for second chances.
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Similar story here, 56 and had lost 20 pounds in 2007. Creeping up and at 7 pounds over now, I am trying this and hope it will help me keep motivated. The new weight watchers diet does not work for me, the old one did.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Welcome! I know for a fact that the support here helps. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I love this site. I'm sure there should be an intervention in my future. The support here is fantastic.
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    goo luck! MFP is awesome... you will like it here..
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding to my post so quickly. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new journey. So thankful for second chances.

Why wait? Start by plugging in your meal plans for tomorrow! You can always delete or change them if you need to! This is my MAIN use of the site, other than support! If i have to find a quick meal, you can forget it! I will go over my goal!

Good luck to you! You can do this!!! =) Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • NancyG55
    NancyG55 Posts: 86
    Options
    I am in the same boat, only I have much more to lose. I am 57 and was laid off work for almost 2 years, and the weight has really accumulated fast. I have at least 40 pounds I want to lose, and 20 of that I gained the past two years. So far I have lost 7 pounds, so seems to be working as long as I work it here. I think you will like this site, and feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just made goal a few weeks ago and trying to make my own personal goal and will hopefully and will hopefully reach that in about a month. Been on here for almost 6 months now. I have had great support. Feel free to add me.
  • KittyCandy
    Options
    Sometimes it is very hard to stay motivated... Right now I am just pretending to be motivated...lo ( Im hoping that my movement and planing active activities will help me loose weight and reach my goals.

Something that helped me was making a list of reasons why I wanted to loose weight and also another list of things that I will do to keep busy from eating...lol

Hang in there!!!
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Good for you taking control, you can do it!!

Feel free to add me if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    welcome! warning: it's very addicting
  • KittyCandy
    Options
    How do you find the meal planing on this site?
  • ldyrtlr
    ldyrtlr Posts: 1
    Options
    I understand about turning a milestone - I'm looking at 40 in September and I'm going to do it as a newly divorced single mom of three. I know we can do this journey together because that's what it is - a journey to a new life and a new you. My dad told me that it's okay to run, just make sure you are running towards something and not away from something. So set that goal - write it down, tell people, shout it from your roof - then start working towards it alittle every day. Somedays the only exercise I can squeeze in is walking my dogs, but something is better than nothing. Good luck and I am looking forward to hearing how you are doing,.
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great place! I have been here for about 2 months and the first 20 lbs are gone so this place does work! Feel free to add me and best of luck in achieving your goals!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Before you know it that 10lbs will be gone! One choice at a time, you can do it.
  • kfitt10
    kfitt10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Orffteacher15
    Options
    I haven't used the meal planning portion yet. Have you had problems with it?