Body by Vi

Options
I know quite a few people that are on this. It seems like peiople lose really fast with this diet. Is it as healthy as they say it is? Of course we all want fast results but is it promised to stay off if you go off the shakes?

Replies

• CMmomx4
    CMmomx4 Posts: 25
    Options
    I think people lose because of how low calorie it is. Obviously, for it to work, you'd have to be able to stick to it. I've lost 77 lbs. over the past year and used the vi shakes for a very short time. They did not work for me for several reasons #1) I like to eat! I enjoy the act of eating food. I like to sit down with my breakfast. It felt like I was losing out by just drinking a shake. #2) they did not keep me full. I wanted to eat again soon after. #3) they are sweet and for me having sweets triggers me to want more. You are consuming less then 200 calories with a shake if you use skim milk. If you do that twice a day that's 400 calories, plus, for instance, 2 100 calorie snacks you are at 600 calories. Maybe a 4-500 calorie dinner and you are at 1,000 - 1,100 calories for a day. You could achieve the same thing by lowering your calories that much with "regular" food. In the end it's just another fad, imo. I do have some mix left and use them from time to time if I am craving a treat, but don't use them as part of my meal/eating plan anymore.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Read my blog about an ex-best friend of mine who sells body by Vi. They photoshopped photos of her to make her look overweight and then posted up a current picture of her. She was NEVER overweight. NEVER. I wouldn't trust something that makes their people lie on purpose to sell a diet product.
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Body by Vi shakes for 4 1/2 months and have lost 26 lbs. Was that 26 lbs just from the shakes? NO! I know that I would not have the results I have had if I did not work out daily. But the cutting of calories the shakes accomplishes, coupled with 1) I don't have to think about 2 of my meals each day (other what flavor) and 2) although the cost seems like a lot upfront ($115 a month w/ shipping) it comes out to $1.92 per shake and I simply cannot buy frozen diet meals (which I don't cuz they don't work) or even healthy foods to cook myself each day (saving me time).

I certainly have not seen the results they promise in their promotional material and there is no way people are losing the amounts they are claiming without exercise but, like I said, they work for me and for my lifestyle.
  • msgunder
    msgunder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make a protein shake for my breakfast. What's so different about these shakes from the ones that we can make? I'm not against having a shake for a meal but I wouldn't do it for more than one a day. I also believe this is just a fad and am worried about what will happen once these people stop drinking these shakes.
  • CMmomx4
    CMmomx4 Posts: 25
    Options
    I don't think you'll instantly just gain all of your weight back or anything, but part of the advantage to losing your weight through sensible eating is that you've taught yourself how to eat healthy and fuel your body in a healthy way. When you stop these shakes you might weigh less but you haven't given yourself the tools/knowledge to keep that weight off. How/what will you eat when you stop so that you don't gain your weight back? How many calories should you eat? What kinds of foods? Getting the weight off is only half of the battle.