PB2

Options
Hey has Anyone had this powdered peanut butter stuff!? Cuz I LOVVVEEE my peanut butter but it's a ton of calories for so little but this PB2 stuff is way less calories but I'm unsure on how the taste is gonna stack up! Anybody tried it before??

Replies

• AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Sorry, No!
  • crimson_seven
    Options
    Love it in smoothies.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I put it in my protein powder solely because real peanut butter doesn't mix well in a blender bottle, and I love the PB/chocolate taste.

I think it would be awful mixed with water and used as one would use peanut butter. I use the real stuff.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The taste is pretty good compared to some of the other PB substitutes out there, but I find the texture a little off. I love it added to smoothies and such but find it a little depressing on a PB&J sandwich.
  • shereemaria
    shereemaria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I friggin love it! I put it in everything. I do find the amount you get for the cost a bit disappointing however.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like it! I try not to eat too much processed food, but this is one of my favorite "cheats" from that rule!

I *occasionally* mix it with just slightly more water than the recipe calls for, an put it on Arnold Sandwich Thins 100% Whole Wheat Bread, which is just slightly dry. Add 1/2 banana, and it's a great lunch ... (when served with veggies on the side).

I also mix it with Fage low fat Greek Yogurt, and then put it on celery sticks.

It's a little pricy. One serving is 2 Tablespoons PB2 to 1 Tablespoon water. I'm almost done with my 1st bag. I will purchase it again.

Hope this helps!

Bonnie
  • sophiazib
    sophiazib Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've tried it. It tastes like peanuts, but a bit dry. I absolutely love to make an asian peanut sauce. It goes very well with a bit of sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. You can spice it up with chili and ginger. I've found carb free noodles in the Japanese food section of my gigantic super market. Voila, sesame noodles.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It tastes very good, and doesn't taste 'off'... exactly like real peanut butter...

Texture / usage is another story.... It works great in protein shakes and the like... even better than real PB, but with much less fat... I tried sprinkling on sliced apples and it only works in -very- light doses... Not a fan of trying to reconstitute it with water and use in place of PB for sandwiches or anything like that...
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    I just got some this week and tried it for the 1st time. I think its pretty good. I have only tried it twice, once just by itself to try it and again on sliced apples. I got the chocolate flavored. the texture is a bit "crunchy" so if you don't like "crunchy PB" you might not like it. it doesn't bother me much at all though. I think its a great alternative to regular PB as far as cal. count goes though.
    ETA *I did mix it with water both times and it mixes pretty well with the water. not sure I'd do it for a sandwich though.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I agree that the texture is a tad bit off from regular peanut butter, but it tastes good. Especially the chocolate PB2!
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    LOVE it...I use it in my smoothies and also mix it with sugar free jelly,(all flavors) or I mix it with water and eat it on waffles or toast!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    only good in whey protein shakes. by itself it doesn't come close to real PB
  • jcreynolds98
    jcreynolds98 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have used it in shakes and added it to oatmeal as well. Pretty good.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about it but I'm sorry...I'll stick with my Smucker's All Natural Peanut Butter...it's good fats and a source of protein and PB is in my Top 5 fave foods so I'm not givin it up. It's all I have left! lol
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    I actually use nut butters to increase the my fat content, after giving up processed foods I never get enough fat in my diet...
  • TheWave97
    TheWave97 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I just ordered some from amazon and now I can't wait thanks for all the replys!!!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I really like it! If I make a PB&J, I don't reconstitute it with only water. I put it in a bowl with a serving of jelly and mix it together with a few drops of water until I get the consistency right. It also makes a fantastic Pad Thai :)
  • Caiii
    Caiii Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I just ordered some from amazon and now I can't wait thanks for all the replys!!!

I totally just ordered some off of Amazon today too!! :D
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    netrition.com is cheaper

I have mixed it with water and ate it and it's not peanut butter by any means, but has the taste. It's really good mixed in shakes and such. I also make asian peanut butter chicken with it and that is yummy!!
  • TaniaCorric
    TaniaCorric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me
    Is PB2 the same as peanut flour?
    Im in New Zealand and cant find PB2 here