What is your official weigh in day?

Options
What day do you weigh in and officially record your weight?
Do you record weekly, bi-weekly, monthly?
Are you a daily weigher or only on the official day?

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Sunday.
    i get up sunday, go to the gym and work out my chest and triceps. Then i do cardio for 30min-60 minutes. I grab a coffee on the way home, and I get on the scale and do my weigh wearing a tshirt, boxers and house shoes. I do it the same way every week.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Step out of the shower, zero the scale, and weigh until I get two consistent readings. My electronic scale can swing 5 lbs in the 8 seconds it takes for me to step off and back on.

Personally I find it more encouraging to show the incremental changes everyday.
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    I ONLY weigh in once a week. Anything more than that tends to be less reliable. I weigh in on Monday mornings, because that's what I consider the start of a new week lol.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every Wednesday and that's the weight I write down and track here. I'll weigh in whenever I feel like it throughout the week, sometimes that's daily sometimes just the once, but the Wednesday weight is the only one that counts.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Usually just once a week, on Sunday morning.
    Its a habit that my husband and I got into when we first started MFP over a year ago. We wanted to weigh in together, but our schedules were so different that Sunday morning was the best time.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Everyday as soon as I get up....after going to the bathroom.
  • h2oophelia
    h2oophelia Posts: 48
    Options
    Sunday is my "official" weigh in day although I weigh myself every day.

I keep track of my daily numbers in my old fashioned food journal I keep in my purse. I log my official Sunday weight on MFP. I weigh on Sundays because Friday and Saturday tend to be the days that I struggle the most. Years of thinking of the weekends as food fests and stuffing my face has taken it's toll. I feel like weighing on Sunday helps keep me focused on nutrition through my "hard days".
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sunday usually but last couple of weeks it's been Monday as I've been bike riding early with friends.
    I would still prefer Sunday as my wife and I have preferred that since being on MFP and we can fist bump our successes together.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i weigh in first thing on Monday mornings, that way I can't go crazy on the weekend. Extra incentive to behave.
  • princessshy
    Options
    My Official weigh in day is Monday but some times I weigh myself everyday. I cant help it :)
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Officially on Wednesdays bc it's the middle of my week and bc my weekends tend to be horribly high in sodium and therefore water retention. But I unofficially check my weight anywhere from 0-billion times in-between official weigh ins.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings after the gym workout.
  • spragukr
    spragukr Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Tuesday mornings, first thing. This is when I record on MFP.

I will weigh randomly throughout the week, although I'm trying to weigh as little as possible and eventually get it to just the once a week weigh in. I only record Tuesday morning's weight though.
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Everyday, I tried weekly, it didn't work for me, I lost little, I need to keep my eye on the goal. If I have a bad day though I sometimes skip the scales the day after to make sure I'm not discouraged.