Treadmill/Elliptical in the Home

Options
Those of you who have treadmills at home - can you give me input (reviews, suggestions, etc.)? I am thinking of getting one - although I can't decide between that and an elliptical! LOL

Speaking of - since I can't decide, if anyone has an elliptical at home could you also provide some input? Thanks!!

Replies

• focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    The first thing I purchased was an elliptical. I figured I could walk or jog outside. I have both now and still use my elliptical more.
  • Maree44
    Maree44 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't have either at home but use both at the gym....I sort of use the elliptical as a warm up for 20 minutes and burns TONS of calories quick, and then run on the treadmill. If you can only choose one I would say elliptical first! :)
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I decided to buy a used treadmill off of Craigslist. I think it was a good choice because I didn't want to invest a lot of money in something that I might not use. Now, the treadmill is my backup plan. Anytime the weather is too bad to exercise outside, I just climb onto the treadmill.
  • BobbinTop
    BobbinTop Posts: 21
    Options
    The first thing I purchased was an elliptical. I figured I could walk or jog outside. I have both now and still use my elliptical more.

Go the elliptical. You can walk/jog/run outside. Plus if you ever get an injury, the elliptical is an excellent low-impact option.
    I jog in the morning & hit my elliptical in the evening.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Try an elliptical in a gym for long periods first. I thought I wanted one but tried them in gyms and found my toes got numb on them. Glad I didn't buy one.

I bought a high-end treadmill on craigslist barely used for like 80% off.

Studies show treadmills are the most used home cardio machine.

If you want a portable, inexpensive, quiet alternative, look into a really nice rebounder. If I had to have one cardio 'machine', that's probably the one I'd keep.
  • BobbinTop
    BobbinTop Posts: 21
    Options
    Yeah, my toes went numb at first too. But pushed through it & now my feet seem to be used to it. It's a weird feeling though, eh??