In Search of New Friends

Options
So, I've been on here for a while; I started out really good and strong, lost about 25 ibs but over the last month or so I pretty much gave up - went back to my old routine. I think it is so hard to find the time to do what you need, I don't have time to go to the gym b/c I am the taxi driver for everyone in my home (leaves little time for myself) and I am the one who does EVERYTHING - i drop the baby off at daycare, the husband off at work, i drive 45 min to work, work 9 hours shift, drive 45 min to pick up husband/daughter (well we're not officially married but damn we've been together 6 years!!) than i get home and i cook dinner, have to clean the house, get the baby showered/ready for bed, go to bed and do it all over again the next day!!!

I find myself becoming lazier and lazier as the days go on, there are times where all i can think about is going home sitting my fat *kitten* on the couch and staying there until it is time for bed!!!

I need support - I need someone to kick me in the *kitten* on a daily basis! I need a support group that grows into close friends so that I can stay on track -- I know people around me that need to lose weight but not very many that are interested in really making a change; or they're all as busy as I am and we can't make plans to do anything together.

I don't have money for the gym/or the time to go to the gym BUT i do have turbofire (which I may add helped me so much in the beginning) I have a husband that is not overweight, he works outside so active daily, he doesnt need to watch what he eats and he is the worlds pickiest eater so i winde up having to cook 2-3 different meals a day!!!! i've given up! to make my life seem easier i just eat whatevers around - and sometimes i dont stop eating, im a PIG!! i love food - I love chocolate and junk food and SODA SODA SODA !!!!!

I want a better life for my daughter, I want my husband to find me more attractive, I want to feel as good as I did just 4 years ago when I was still only 210 ibs but the SMALLEST i had ever been in my life.

I need your help and support -- if you think you'd like to make this journey with me please send me a message/friend request ---someone who has the time to talk with me on a daily basis so we can stay on track together!!!!!

Look forward to meeting great people!

Going to start excercising again tomorrow, 7/11/12 and monitor my eating habits as best as I can -- will set up a brand new meal plan as of 7/22/12.

Replies

• msalmaj
    msalmaj Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi there, I read your post and would love to add/be added as a friend. I am also new to mfp and have adjusted my life style since last month; ie: changed eating habits and started exercising 6/days a week -which is something that I hate to do in the first place. But, listen, life has a funny way of taking more priority from you (that's understandable), but this is all about you and what you can do for yourself. I will be your cheerleader and get you back on track. You have a wonderful family that wants you to be with them for a long time.....:smile:
  • psychopatch
    Options
    Hi CherylAnne198, I just wanted to let you know that I sent a friend request to you and hope for the same. First of all, kudos to you for being an amazing caregiver to your family; family is very important in terms of support, but you also seemed very overwhelmed at all the things you have to do. Your day alone is very busy. I can see how it can make you not stick to your journey to losing weight. As a result, you eat what you want that is not necessarily good for you. I believe you can make small changes in your goals to lose weight( and you will), because the trick to it is to do it gradually and stick to it. You can start with the kind of foods you buy.

I know, this is the part that gets to all of us, but it can be done. You should buy a lot of fresh fruits and vegetable, lean meats like chicken and fish, and eliminate the soda. Next, exercising(Groan...). It sucks, it's hard work, and time is the issue. Well guess what, exercising is also important. Good news, you don't have to go to the gym to exercise; it can be done at home. You just have to commit. You can start with just walking. Walking is not too strenuous and it is cheap and affordable. You just need 30 minutes of your day to put some walking. Do you sit a lot at work or you do some walking in between? I think it is doable
    and gradually you can increase it to an hour. If not, you can walk fast for 30 minutes.

I will make my food/exercise diary open to all my friends. Hopefully, I can inspire. Oh, another thing, you have to have a cheat day for your self(and time for yourself). Hope to be a part of your journey to losing weight, and good luck to you.
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and requests guys!!

I do not have a active job, I am a supervisor in a call center so that means we sit, sit, sit, and SIT all day long -- as supervisor I am a bit more active than an agent on the phones; but I have to be there for my people to support them with whatever they need *so yeah im taking care of everyone at home, as well as at work*

I take pride in being a hard-worker; i enjoy taking care of my family but as you stated i am a little overwhelmed - tired, frustrated!! but i still enjoy saying "i do this for my family..." -- i also want to be #1 at work so sometimes i push harder than a lot of others and that comes into play with being stressed out ...

i will add anyone who requests and i appreciate all the support thus far
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am pretty new here and I am also looking for some friends to help keep me motivated and accountable.

I know how hard it can be to make time to be healthy. I'm a teacher with a part-time position and also a pharmacy technician, so some days I work from 7 am to 10 pm. I also know how much easier it is to pick up something on the way home or something that you can throw in the microwave rather than have to cook after a long day and have to plan out meals ahead of time. However, I know that I need to get healthy and lose weight, so that's why I'm here.

Can you walk around at your job? Would your company invest in a wireless headset or device that allows you to walk around the room to get to your workers to help them? That would keep you from being tied to the phone and give you the mobility to move around. Or maybe you can go for a walk on your lunch break? Even if you do 15 minutes during your break, then you would only have to find another 15 or 20 minutes at another time in the day.

If you want, I'll be there to encourage you! We can do this!