Anybody else having trouble getting in...........

Options
all the daily calories, protein etc? I have not been able to meet any of my daily goals. At the end of the day I am averaging under 500 calories. My problem is I will have all those calories left to eat, but only about 5 fat calories. How can I get all those calories in without going over in the fat category?

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with the protein.
  • feverinside
    feverinside Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    -Eat lean meats (chicken, 99/1 ground beef/turkey ect.) Each serving has minimal fat and about 100-150 calories and 25-30g protein)
    -Make a protein shake with almond milk and whey protein. (Almond milk is no fat, whey is no fat. 1 cup almond like and 1 scoop of whey is about 150 calories and 25g protein.
    -fat free cheese, sour cream, cream cheese about 50-100 calories per serving
    -add more calorie rich veggies (like corn), or a frozen mix. I have one that is 70 cals for 3/4 cup with no fat. adds carbs
    -Rice, pasta, bread low in fat adds calories and lower amounts of fat. adds carbs.

Just add more lean and clean foods. Yes watch fats, but don't obsess over them. Hitting your calorie range is important so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help you there. I never ate this much (maybe when pregnant) and feel like a hog trying to meet just the 12-1400 range.:embarassed:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Hitting your protein is more important than keeping your fat under your goal. I would eat lean proteins to meat your goals (haha) and go over on fat if you have to. Dietary fat doesn't make you fat.
  • angelsing1
    angelsing1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you fever. I get that website message everyday that if I don't get in more calories, that my body will go into starvation mode just like you said. I was about to go online and look for some 1200 calorie meal plans. Man I've gone from one extreme to another.:noway:
  • angelsing1
    Options
    Ok thank you MoreBean. I will look into high protein foods and get them in.
  • angelsing1
    Options
    PaintLisa, I would be too but I'm taking a supplement to decrease my appetite.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a difficult time reaching my calorie, protein, fat, and carb goals. As heavy as I currently am, MFP had my daily calories somewhere around 4000. My nutritionist dropped that down to 300 and I'm still having issues reaching that. Making the switch to healthier foods makes it that much more difficult to reach the totals.
  • Candylove761
    Options
    FOR ME I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST: 1 HERBALIFE FORMULA 1 SHAKE + 1 FRUIT EXAMPLE 2SCOOPS FORMULA 1 SHAKE MIX +8FL.OZ.NONFAT MILK OR SOYMILK +ONE HALF OF A FRESH MANGO THEN FOR MY A.M. SNACK: 1 PROTEIN SNACK IT WILL BE HERBALIFE PROTEIN BAR DELUXE THEN FOR LUNCH:1 HERBALIFE FORMULA 1 SHAKE + 1 FRUIT THEN FOR MY P.M. SNACK :1 PROTEIN SNACK + 1 FRUIT THEN FOR DINNER: I WILL HAVE 2 PROTEIN UNITS + 2 VEGETABLES +SALAD +1 GRAIN + 1 FRUIT. IF YOU LIKE I CAN SEND YOU A FOOD LISTS FOR MEAL PLANNING AND SNACKING,WATER.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you are only eating 500 calories a day then your problem is not about macros, it's about energy. And health.
    Your body needs energy (i.e. calories) to stay healthy and stay alive and 500 is dangerously low for any adult.
    If you keep eating so little you run the risk of all kinds of health issues due to malnutrition.

I'd suggest that you get yourself to a professional (dietician for example) for some good advice that is personalised for your situation.
  • Candylove761
    Options
    IF ANYBODY LIKE I WILL SEND YOU AN FOOD LISTS FOR MEAL PLANNING;SNACKING;WATER IT'S TELL YOU HOW MUCH CALORIES,PROTEIN ;FIBER.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If you are only eating 500 calories a day then your problem is not about macros, it's about energy. And health.
    Your body needs energy (i.e. calories) to stay healthy and stay alive and 500 is dangerously low for any adult.
    If you keep eating so little you run the risk of all kinds of health issues due to malnutrition.

I'd suggest that you get yourself to a professional (dietician for example) for some good advice that is personalised for your situation.

Woah- I read the original post to mean that she was 500 calories under her goal. OP, if you are at 500 calories total, I completely agree with Rubybelle and I'm sorry I didn't answer accordingly the first time.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Woah- I read the original post to mean that she was 500 calories under her goal. OP, if you are at 500 calories total, I completely agree with Rubybelle and I'm sorry I didn't answer accordingly the first time.

Actually, you could be right - her diary is private so I'm not sure which it is.
    Either way, I think it's more important to get calories in first and then worry about macros later.
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OP - Are you taking the appetite suppressant under medical advice, or on your own? I would seriously consider not taking the appetite suppressant if you're eating so little every day.

500 calories is not nearly enough. I won't even start with all the reasons why. Just eating less food is not enough to lose weight, and besides, half of that goal is to be healthier! You have to net at least 1200 calories daily to function as a healthy person. Some days I have trouble with that, too, but the majority of the time I get at least my goal.

Try planning your meals ahead of time. It will help you eat enough food, and make healthy decisions, too.
  • angelsing1
    Options
    Oh no, I'm averaging 500 calories UNDER my goal of about 1200 or 1800 with exercise.
  • angelsing1
    Options
    IF ANYBODY LIKE I WILL SEND YOU AN FOOD LISTS FOR MEAL PLANNING;SNACKING;WATER IT'S TELL YOU HOW MUCH CALORIES,PROTEIN ;FIBER.

Thank you Candy, I've found some meal planning options that should help me better manage my goals.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth (my calorie goal is much higher than yours) my diary is open. Help yourself to any ideas.

I will warn you - today is going to look ugly. I'm cycling 30 miles in hills daily and my performance is starting to really suffer, so I'm experimenting with feeding myself really well today to see if that helps out.
  • angelsing1
    Options
    For what it's worth (my calorie goal is much higher than yours) my diary is open. Help yourself to any ideas.

I will warn you - today is going to look ugly. I'm cycling 30 miles in hills daily and my performance is starting to really suffer, so I'm experimenting with feeding myself really well today to see if that helps out.

Thanks, I'm new to the site and didn't realize I could open my diary. All the best of luck to you!