new girl to MFP

Options
Hi there :)

I'm Hayden, I'm 21 and I've got about 30 pounds to lose. I've been on my weight loss journey for a while now and used to be about 40 pounds heavier. So, while I'm not new to the fitness kick, I am new to MFP. I've always done this alone and it's been hard. Someone at work was telling me about MFP and I thought I would give it a try. Yesterday was my first day and I already really really like it already. I'd be happy to be friends with anyone looking for some mutual support and motivation. I keep a fitblr blog here:

fitlivingforlife.tumblr.com

It's full of recipes, motivational quotes, nutritional information, and is absolutely pro self love and acceptance. It's updated every day. All are welcome to use it for inspiration. Since I'm kind of on my own, it has really helped keep me going. As nice as that is, I'd really love to have a support group here with real people having real journeys. It's never easy when you are by yourself. So whoever you might be, feel free to say hello! :)

~Hayden

Replies

• ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    glad to see you here since you lost 10 on your own it will be easier to loose the rest here with some freinds so have a great journey getting there and have a great day
  • hayden2218
    hayden2218 Posts: 15
    Options
    thank you! I actually already lost 40 since last year. this is my last 30 pounds to go! very excited to be here :)
  • ethanhennard
    Options
    Always love to see fellow newbies on here! Glad to hear you're working toward your goal with major success!
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • hayden2218
    Options
    thanks so much guys!
  • Tishia11
    Tishia11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Hayden! You're well on your way to losing the additional 30 pounds. Keep up the good work! :)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Hayden. Having others there for support certainly helps you in a multitude of ways: decision making, accountability, information, etc. Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay and ask anything you like to help you reach your goals.

P.S.
    I too do not get along well with the majority of the feline population (avid dog lover).
    Secondly, you get mucho brownie points for being a redhead.
    Lastly, I like your blog. I'm not a vegetarian but do enjoy trying new recipes. Excellent pictures and layout, too.
  • hayden2218
    Options
    Way to go, Hayden! You're well on your way to losing the additional 30 pounds. Keep up the good work! :)

thank you! I definitely feel all the positive energy from people such as yourself on MFP, its been helping me get up and go to the gym every morning. Luck to you as well on your journey and thank you again for being so kind. :) Feel free to add me if you ever need another friend!
  • hayden2218
    Options
    Congratulations, Hayden. Having others there for support certainly helps you in a multitude of ways: decision making, accountability, information, etc. Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay and ask anything you like to help you reach your goals.

P.S.
    I too do not get along well with the majority of the feline population (avid dog lover).
    Secondly, you get mucho brownie points for being a redhead.
    Lastly, I like your blog. I'm not a vegetarian but do enjoy trying new recipes. Excellent pictures and layout, too.

Thank you! That's so nice of you. I feel like I've met a lot of really kind and supportive people just in the few days I've been using MFP. And yes - I'm an avid dog lover as well. My dog helps keep me active - as soon as she turns on those puppy eyes, we have to go for a walk. I cannot say no. My hair does get a little redder in the summer for sure! It's usually like a reddish brown. I'm glad you like the blog! It helps keep me motivated. I'm not a vegetarian but I've adopted an almost entirely plant based eating lifestyle and I love trying new recipes and foods. I still have fish and occasionally chicken but thats about it. (Oh anddddd on sundays, I'm totally stealing a piece of bacon if we have it because....well....it's bacon. I don't need to explain that one.)

:)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and welcome. I am also trying to get back in shape I have a long way to go but I will do it for sure
  • bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss! That's a good chunk to loose, especially on your own! Feel free to add me. (I'm 21 too!)
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss. i lost a good bit before joining also
  • hayden2218
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and welcome. I am also trying to get back in shape I have a long way to go but I will do it for sure

thank you! And I hear ya, everybody is in this boat together. Best of luck to you! :)
  • hayden2218
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss. i lost a good bit before joining also

thanks! and congrats to you too. I wish I had known about this site back then haha....its so much easier with a support system!