What motivates you?

Options
What motivates you to continue?
I'd love to hear from people :)

Replies

• crigsha
    crigsha Posts: 15
    Options
    I've always wanted to look good. I've always been a fatty and never the Hot one.
    My last cheating girlfriend always said I'll always be fat and that I will never find another girlfriend as hot as her. (She was pretty damn hot and liked fattys)
    She saw me the other day and her jaw dropped, and I went and chatted to a group of hot girls by the bar at a gig. Made my day haha
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    well it sounds strange but when I start to slack off I pull out the picture of me at my heaviest weight and look at the girl I used to be before losing this weight. my determination not to ever go back to that girl really is my motivation. of course knowing that my middle nephew is getting married in the end of november and I would like to be a smaller size gives me huge motivation.
  • Pentdad
    Pentdad Posts: 23
    Options
    hey folks fatman here again...

my answer is... to get more confidence- in a previous job when I was slimmer I remember bounding around the place like an energetic bunny rabbit. At the mo I am an eclastical frog.

Also so that family and people at work talk about me (vain but true)
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to look good in a business suit, but I just feel frumpy. I want to achieve the streamlined, sophisticated look for which those outfits were made, and then I want to wear a suit as much as possible (kind of strange, but since I'll be job-hunting soon after college graduation, it might come in handy). Also, my best friend is getting married in May of next year, and I want to look my best! On a less vain note, I want to feel healthier, be able to do more physically, and be confident in my own skin.
  • amyloveskitties
    amyloveskitties Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pictures of bikinis I want to purchase! I told myself I'll buy one as soon as I lose the weight! :wink:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well, a few things :wink:

1. I am now an ATHLETE
    2. When other people tell me I am their inspiration
    3. To be the fittest, healthiest, most efficient me I have ever been
    4. When I push myself to the most absurd limits and walk away with the feeling of TOTAL DOMINATION

"You need motivation like a prisoner trying to escape from prison... What is YOUR prison?"
    ~Cheri
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to look good. I've always been a fatty and never the Hot one.
    My last cheating girlfriend always said I'll always be fat and that I will never find another girlfriend as hot as her. (She was pretty damn hot and liked fattys)
    She saw me the other day and her jaw dropped, and I went and chatted to a group of hot girls by the bar at a gig. Made my day haha

This is AWESOME!!! I hope you put this one in your pocket and pull it out whenever necessary! :bigsmile:
  • ckane22312
    ckane22312 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have to say my baby girl. I want to have more self confidence so she doesn't learn to have a bad self esteem from me. She's four months old. I am thankful that she is content watching me work out while she's in her swing. But that won't last long.

Second, and I hate to admit this, my cranky, 80 year old grandpa. It was father's day and we were leaving and he pulled out his camera. He took a picture of me and my husband. Then said, "What happened to the skinny granddaughter that I loved so much." Oh, it pissed me off. I told him he should try to have a baby. He laughed and said "I have tried with no success." The thing is, I have lost my baby weight, and I do need to loose some weight.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    well it sounds strange but when I start to slack off I pull out the picture of me at my heaviest weight and look at the girl I used to be before losing this weight. my determination not to ever go back to that girl really is my motivation. of course knowing that my middle nephew is getting married in the end of november and I would like to be a smaller size gives me huge motivation.

^^This

Probably sounds a liiiiiiittle on the weird or narcissistic side, but I carry a rolled up picture of me at my heaviest in my bag. I've taken countless pictures in the past (well not 'COUNTLESS', considering I knew that I was a big girl and didn't like to have my pic taken..), but the pic that I carry with me was one of those eye-openers to how big I really was at that time. Whenever I am in the gym or at work, I often find myself glancing at it and promising to never go back in that direction ever again.
  • Darrell916
    Darrell916 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to discover that
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    my 4 to 5 inch heels again I am going to walk down the run way with and that is NYC is my run way :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    It takes time but one day you will know :)
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My kids. I want them to eat healthy but enjoy "non-healthy" foods in moderation or to learn alternatives to "junk" foods. I want them to be active. I am their mom, their role model, it's my job to ensure they are healthy and happy.
    Also, I want to keep up with them, to run and play with them without feeling like I'm going to die. I try very hard to be a good mom, and this is one area I have failed....but that is all changing now.