Favorite Workout Videos?

Options
Hi, I am trying to find a video that I can use at home that I can actually do. I am not fit at all and don't think I could keep up with anything too crazy. Things with words like "insanity" kind of scare me :) Suggestions?

Replies

• ladyesq
    ladyesq Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    I thought the same thing. Had not worked out in years! But I did pick Insanity....and have been doing my best with it! It's challenging and keeps me interested. Also, remember you can do Insanity at your own pace. You will gain a benefit just by getting started. Also, Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer is a great exercise video. You'd be surprised how much you can sweat and build your cardio in 10 minutes.

Good luck with your search!

WMB
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels, just started Chalean Extreme and also the Beachbody videos with Tony Horton (going to start them next week). Also have Zumba Wii - many have recommended that on this site.
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    30 Day Shred, seriously its awesome. And its made for morbidly obese people, so if they can do it, anyone can do it!

I also like GAIAM videos, they have yoga, dance, and pilates. You can find them at Chapters, Superstore, Walmart, and probably Shoppers Drug Mart too. they work up a good sweat and they always have a beginner level.
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred when I first started working out. I had not exercised in years beyond walking around my job and was encouraged that it was only 20 minutes....close to 30 with the warm-up and cool down.

I won't sugarcoat it....It's a tough work out but boy is it worth it. I managed to stick through it for the 30 days and was able to go on to some of her other DVDs that were longer workouts. I was honestly surprised how much more I could do by the end of the first month. It made the first three days of feeling like I was going to die worth it...lol.

I hope I didn't scare you off though because Jillian really turned my life around. I recently had a baby and I'm going through the 30 Day Shred again to get myself jump-started into working out again and get my routines back. I can't say how much I LOVE her workouts. :)
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    I'm doing Power 90 and loving it. It's the precursor to P90X and is built for people who are just getting into working out. I was a total couch potato when I started. At 60 days in, I was down 12 pounds, and had lost around 14 inches, and I'm still going strong. It's easy to follow, no crazy moves, and I think Tony Horton is a great motivator for beginners.
  • jbiancad
    jbiancad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I LOVE leslie sansone walk at home. Ive tried the 30 day shred but I can never get past the first level. I get bored with it but ive seen some amazing results from it
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Chalene Johnson's Beach Body series is a lot of fun. I love Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix #1. She has two trainers you can follow for the "low impact" version.

The Firm has some great workouts. You can start out not using weights or a step box and then add weight and the step box gradually. They combine weights with aerobics so you burn fat and tone muscle all in one workout.
  • SusuAtta
    SusuAtta Posts: 56
    Options
    I really like Turbofire. It's easy to make the exercises lower impact, but you still work up a big sweat and it's very fun and motivating. As you get better, you can start going harder! It comes with clips that introduce you to the moves, and it has a 30, 45, 55, and 60 min class (and EZ versions of some of those), and a 15, 20, 25, and 30 min HIIT workout, which are shorter but get your heart PUMPING! It also has some extended strech, abs, and lower body classes. Then it of course comes with eating programs and exercise schedules, with booklets with recipes, facts, and tips pertaining to weight loss, but you don't have to follow them to get results. Chalene Johnson is great, and if P90X and Insanity scare you, Turbofire is the way to go!
  • nursemindisue
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the great responses! So far I have only walked, gardened and swam so it will be nice to do something that really seems like working out.
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    Walk fit the best by Leslie Neilson I have bad knees so walking does the trick :) have to get back on those again :) '