What in-house work out plan/DVDs would you recommend?

Options
I've heard of so many (30DS, P90, etc) and I just don't know which to get! What worked for you? What would you recommend for a beginner?

Replies

• mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser DVD's, Zumba Fitness System DVD's, and Mommy and Me (obviously if you don't have kids you could skip this one. lol).
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what kind of workout you want. I'd recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds for something low-impact or 30 Day Shred for something harder. I also use a Richard Simmons DVD and a bellydance DVD when I need somethng a little less serious.What's important is to find something you like that you'll stick to.
  • shereemaria
    shereemaria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    30Day Shred is about the cost of a fancy Starbucks drink if you get it on Amazon Digital. I would call that no-risk. It's easy enough to get started (do the easy week with the mods if you need 'em) and hard enough to woop yr butt when you make gains. I heartily recommend.
  • loveme4areason
    loveme4areason Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I workout to Leslie Sansone brisk walk at home DVD & it's pretty good!
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Blogilates workouts on Youtube. They are free and effective. On the Blogilates website there's even a workout calendar so you can have variety every day and know what you should be doing.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 DS with Jillian and had amazing results! I lost inches everywhere and it helped with my pounds! Now I am onto Supreme 90 so hopefully that will help as well.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I have a blog and youtube channel with all of my workouts for free. www.benderfitness.com or www.youtube.com/mdloughy

They are all home workouts, and they might give you some ideas until you decide what you want, and what will work best for you.
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a public library, it can be a great resource! I have checked out almost every work out DVD my public library has to offer. Some I liked and ended up buying, some I hated and returned immediately. I'm glad I had an opportunity to try them all for free before buying them and regretting my purchase. Everybody is different so what works for me may not be something you enjoy. Just test out different programs and styles until you find one you love.

ETA: If you don't mind working out near your computer, Lionsgate has a YouTube channel with tons of free (and legal) workout DVDs.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I've just started Jillian Muchaels Body Revilution. I love it as the workouts change regularly and there's a lot of variety within each workout.
  • macey333
    macey333 Posts: 42
    Options
    I have to admit I always use youtube for workouts....they're free!! If you want something cardio, I would recommend Bootcamp Calorie Burn, it helped me lose 4 pounds in 2 weeks!!! I am currently on day 2 of the 30 day shred and so far I am enjoying it. Its only 20 minutes a day and it combines strength with cardio but boy is it hard!!!!!!!!!