Sports Bras...

Options
What is a good sports bra for a larger-chested woman? I have been using a cheap one that doesn't seem to be doing much for me. As a matter of fact, I wear a regular bra underneath it to add more support.

I would prefer something either with an underwire or something with that kind of support.

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I can't recommend Shock Absorber highly enough. No underwire, but it hugs everything to you nice and tight so it's very supportive.
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love the Royce impact free sports bra. It's a bit pricy but it does the job.
  • AJuff
    AJuff Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber is the way to go! Absolutely fabulous:)
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I totally agree on Shock Absorber. Had to get a sports bra last week, and being of larger bust, I'm pleasantly surprised that, first, they make it in my size, and secondly, that it's as supportive as it is. In the past, I've also used "the immobilizer" by bounce, but the sizes are limited. It was another great sports bra.
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    GENIE BRA.

BEST THING I HAVE EVER BOUGHT FROM THE TV!

I got 6 bras for $40 - they fit great, no wire but SAME support and life as wired bras!
  • pyszczek
    pyszczek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree. It's pretty supportive and I'm pretty satisfied. I used to run/sprint in a regular bra.. and adjust every few meters but now I don't do it at all. ShockAbsorber works for me.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    anything over dd : shock absorber or enell. freya i'm up in the air about.

for d/dd - i hear moving comfort, champion, goddess and under armor are good.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    anything over dd : shock absorber or enell. freya i'm up in the air about.

for d/dd - i hear moving comfort, champion, goddess and under armor are good.

Yes, this. and also, whatever you get, if you are D cup or larger, do not buy a sports bra sized by just M, L, etc. get one that has actual normal bra sizing for more support. I have a shock absorber one i love, also a champion and a moving comfort. The moving comfort is my least favorite of the three. I also wore a nice Nike one when i was a bit bigger (doesnt fit now) and it was very supportive as well and really full coverage. You can get some sports bras in under wire as well, i have one and i think its champion.
  • aengel1720
    aengel1720 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out the sports bras at titlenine.com. They rate them by bounce factor and have a lot of sizes on both the large and small size -- ones that you won't find at Sports Authority.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have D/DD right now and I love the one I got from Old Navy.
  • FloridaJenn
    FloridaJenn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Moving Comfort Maia bra from Amazon just a couple of months ago (recommended by several ladies on another forum). I LOVE IT!! It gives you all the support you need... it hooks in the back (it's impossible for a bra to hug the "girls" tightly enough if you can pull it over your head) & it has an underwire... it not only lifts & supports, but it separates too!!! It actually places the "girls" where they're supposed to be!! I just ordered another because I love this one so much!! Amazon sells it for around $30. It comes up higher in the front than most sports bras, but I love that feature!! You don't feel like your showing your "girls" to the world when bending over!! Looks very cute under a tank, gives the layered look. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30DS and have just started "Insanity" this week (LOTS of jumping). Won't wear anything BUT my Maia bra!!! (BTW... I'm a DD)
    Just checked out titlenine.com as suggested by another reply posted above.... the Maia bra is listed as the 2-in-1 Full Support Adjustable Sports Bra on this site.... check out the reviews & the "bounce factor"... but then order from Amazon, it's less expensive there & you get free super saver shipping!! ;-)
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The only thing I will say about Shock Absorbers is that as you're moving between sizes and your bra fits less snugly, the straps at the back (not the clip) tends to work loose.

I solved the problem with some Micropore tape, or a plaster if I'm in a pinch, but I've heard and read from a few others that they get this issue too.
  • brendarun
    brendarun Posts: 26
    Options
    Shock absorber is the best bra by far :))
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check out the sports bras at titlenine.com. They rate them by bounce factor and have a lot of sizes on both the large and small size -- ones that you won't find at Sports Authority.

Skip Title Nine is you are over DD. They don't carry the full range of sizes over F, even in brands that do have those sizes.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Another vote for shock absorber. I also have one great unwired Freya sports bra. And one OK wired sports bra from Freya.

The Panach sports bra gets raves, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 34FF and I wear Freya Underwire bras for running and love them. I have another for lower impact workouts, but I'm blanking on the brand. If you're over a D/DD (i.e. not sold in traditional US stores), I'd go somewhere to get fitted. You may pay more for the bra, but it'll be the best decision. It changed my life.

So, what brand is this Shock Absorber? I've never heard of it. Thanks!