a really good pre-workout supplement?

Options
I'm looking for a pre-workout that will give me energy and make my workouts that much better.
I'm really focusing on strength training/weight lifting and I need a pre-workout that's going to make me like a power house ahaaah

Anyways, please don't say "just eat right" I do that.
I'm asking about pre-workout supplements...
preferably ones without any crazy side effects :sick:

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Coffee and fruit works for me.
    But hopefully someone else will have something more commercial for you!
  • vladvn
    vladvn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As it was suggested coffee and fruit are ok, but definitely not enough in case of weight training.
    Try BSN N.O.-Xplode 2.0 (check it here http://www.bsnonline.net/details/noxplodecaffeinefree.html), not expensive and works well.
    There are some other options like Amino Energy of Optimum Nutrition. In both cases check your tolerance first and go ahead. Good luck with training!
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    I recommend the scivation xtend. It tastes sooo good and gives you energy. I sip it during my weight workouts. It also helps with muscle recovery.
  • link136937
    link136937 Posts: 14
    Options
    Ive tried several of them out there but my favorite without a doubt is Driven Sports CRAZE! It gives you a craze amount of energy but no side effects like tingly skin or jitters. I always get a better workout when I take it and I always feel disappointed when I don't. Give it a shot. Only down side is that it tastes terrible but who cares IT WORKS!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    if you want energy with no side effects..just a 5 hour energy shot.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Unless you are medically deficient in a nutrient, supplements are 99% a waste of money. Eat a balanced diet.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    All junk, just save your money.

Get some caffeine pills.

Maybe some BCAA power and Beta-Alanine if you want to 'feel' some tingles.
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im a fan of Jackd 3D.. also1MR I have tried in the past and liked
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Jack3D all the way!
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Coffee almost works just as well though!
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I take power fuel now. I tried N.O Xplode it was alright but I got jittery. There is alot out there. But proetein usually works. But dont try Jack3d hard stuff.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Coffee almost works just as well though!

jackd was recalled ;-)
    N.O Xplode,C4, or superpump max

quoted the wrong one XD
  • abbyaxiom
    abbyaxiom Posts: 33
    Options
    Jack3D all the way!

Gotta say I love Jack3D !!!
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Jack3D all the way!

Agree! Love that stuff on leg day! I tried ON Amino Energy today and it wasn't too bad.
  • ebandit63
    ebandit63 Posts: 8
    Options
    Caffeine, either in coffee form, or a piece of a caffeine pill. I just break a caffeine pill in a quarter or in half, which is either 50 mg or 100 mg of caffeine - pretty much like a soda or energy drink serving. Depending on your body's tolerance, too much can make you nauseous and crash out faster, which is why I never take a whole pill. I also drink a lot of water, and 70% of the time I would have eaten 90 minutes before I went to gym.

BUT, in my late teens, I never took a pre-workout, and I was probably in the best shape of my life, so I would say test out caffeine first just to see if it does have an effect on your workouts. Also, making sure I got my fruits and veggies daily gave me more energy during my workouts.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ake Mega Tea Green Tea pills.. I definatly notice more energy when I work out, and alot more sweat.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    L-Carnitine
  • ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've tried just about every pre on the market...I love anything witih dmaa in it (1,3 dimeth).

Hyde from ProSupps is by far my fav pre of all time.

Superpump Max from Gaspari was alright, nothing to write home about.

BSN stuff is garbage unless you plan on stacking it with something else.

D Stunner is good, I liked it a little better than Jack3d.

Anabolic Impac is another good one I liked for a lower-key yet smooth energy. I really liked stacking it with Focus XT from SNS which was pretty good on it's own.

Basically, if you can get something with DMAA and Yohimbe in it, you'll love it.
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    Another vote for Jack3d! Started taking it recently and LOVE it. Really gives me a huge energy burst and I've been having some of the best workouts ever. Just yesterday I did 120 minutes of Turbo Jam and felt incredible afterward!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Coffee and fruit works for me.
    But hopefully someone else will have something more commercial for you!

ditto. specifically banana.