Looking for a new recipe to try!

Options
Hey guys im looking for a new recipe to try tonight. Few things the only meat i eat is fish and i dont like too many fish lol salmon, tuna, cod, haddock or prawns. I want it to be quite easy to make as am at work all day and pretty hungry when i get home from work.
Any ideas guys? x

Replies

• _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not much help...those are the only meats I don't eat! LOL You may want to check out the recipe forum.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I also will not be much help. I really do not have time to cook. But, when I have fish I like to put lemon juice on it and nothing else. Be sure to bake, steam, roast or grill your fish.
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You could go a stir fry! I use chicken cut up and after that has cooked in a pan in olive oil, I add in broccoli, asparagus (about an inch long), baby corns, carrots, and whatever else sounds good! Add in some low sodium soy sauce and some worchestershire sauce, cover it, and let it simmer for a little while. I eat mine over brown rice. YUM! Sometimes I add in some curry powder too.
  • pjsims99
    pjsims99 Posts: 7
    Options
    Fish Pie? Cheese sauce may be a big one on calories. I may try and create a recipe on here and see how many calories it comes out with. will let you know...
  • Emzii_Wilko
    Emzii_Wilko Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks guys x
  • pjsims99
    pjsims99 Posts: 7
    Options
    Not too bad if you use skimmed milk and sure you could use a different cheese or potato varieties too.

** all measurements are "best guess" as I am at work **

Fish Pie

1. Boils eggs until hard boiled, shell, cut into quarters and add to casserole dish with the peas
    2. Peel and boil potatos. Once cooked, strain and mash
    3. Poach fish in milk for a few minutes. Strain fish and add to casserole dish, keeping milk for sauce
    4. Melt butter in a pan and and add flour slowly and whisk to form a paste
    5. Slowly add milk to paste and whisk to form a sauce, then add cheese and allow to melt into sauce and season
    6. Add sauce to casserole dish to cover fish, eggs and peas
    7. Cover with mashed potato and fork top to make ridges and maybe a sprinkling of cheese and paprika
    8. Cook in oven until top is golden and crispy

Ingredients Cals Carbs Fat Protein
    Fish Pie Mix , 200 g 250 0 11 37
    Egg - Egg-Hard Boiled, 2 egg (50 g) 160 0 10 12
    Petits Pois, 80g 45 5 1 4
    Plain Flour, 100g 33 71 1 10
    Mature Cheddar, 90g 375 0 31 22
    English Butter - Slightly Salted, 40g 296 0 33 0
    Maris Piper Potato, 300g 246 52 1 6
    Cravendale - Milk - Pure Skimmed Milk 100ml, 568ml 210 28 2 20

Total: 1917 156 90 111
    Per Serving: 479 39 23 28