44lb down (with pics)

Options
Hi

Just wanted to post some pics of where i was and where i am now

I hardly ever have photos taken so mainly when i am on holiday - it also helps me track my progress

The first picture is on holiday in Cornwall in Sept 2011 the second is Lanzarote June 2012

The differance is 44lb (which i could not have done without the help and support of all my friends on MFP)

If your just starting out on this journey then dont under estimate the importance of gathering some good, un-judgemental MFP friends around you - they help you when your finding it difficult and celebrate your sucesses with you.

I am not at the end of my weight loss yet, but my main big achievments were getting out of the 200's and then getting out of the 'obese' catagory of BMI. Now i am moving slowley towards 'normal' BMI

I have done this, initially, with just diet, then i started walking (just to get the extra calories) now i enjoy running (following C25K program). I never thought, in a million years, that i would ever be able to run for 25 minutes without stopping - my first run was 60 seconds and i thought i was going to die!

The hardest part of this is 'starting', starting anything is difficult, it maybe starting the diet, starting exercise or anything else. Once you decide to start then the rest is easier...it just takes time. Dont expect miricles. There are no miricle foods or wonder exercises...it just takes time...be patient.

If you need any extra friends feel free to send me a freind request

Bude2011.jpg

P1010990v2.jpg

Replies

• smartmom0818
    Options
    There is a huge difference, and you look absolutely amazing! Congrats!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Aww, look at you, you look fab, so glad to have you as my MFP friend! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! YOU LOOK FAB! CONGRATS!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Great job!!!
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep it going.
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Looking Good. Keep doing what you're doing, It's working. :wink:
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Nice going there lady. Keep up the good work. You look marvelous!
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Diane -- you've made me cry!! -- you look amazing hun x You soooooo deserve this success xx
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nice pictures depicting those 44 pounds. You are looking great. Keep it up!