I followed everyone's advice....and it worked! :-)

Options
LucyLocket92
LucyLocket92 Posts: 13 Member
Okay, so I posted on here about a week or so ago moaning that although I was eating just 1200 calories (and exercising), I was barely losing anything. In fact the ONLY time I was losing was the week after my TOM, and even then it wasn't every month. I knew that my loss would slow down as I got nearer and nearer to my target, and I'm roughly 12lb away from that now. A few of you suggested that I was, in fact, eating too little, and there was little chance I would lose 2lb a week consistently, and that I should up my calories. Not by much, just up them a little.

I'll be honest, I was quite dubious to do that, after all, if I wasn't losing on 1200, any higher wouldn't do anything right? Or it might even make me gain. I did it anyway, and upped them to 1427 and BAM!, I was less hungry, less tired, and as of this morning I have lost another lb! Bearing in mind I have been at this for just a week.

AND, as of today, my BMI is officially in the good range. Okay, it's 24.9, but still!! :-D

So, THANK YOU MFP! :D Love you all xx

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yay! :drinker:
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Everyone is raving about this 'Eat more to weigh less'......the thought absolutely terrifies me :(
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well done!!

I recently upped my calories from 1200 to 1500 and I feel loads better too

And the weight is still coming off nicely

xxx
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    :drinker: well done you! very brave of you to up your calories. Our bodies are funny old things aren't they?!! :happy:
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Congrats!! that is fabulous, keep up the good work
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • snaxandpop
    snaxandpop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, I have been on 1200 and considering going up but have been afraid to do so. Thanks a bunch
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Stop being afraid of it. Try it. If it doesn't work try something else. I've been through similar experimentation - check my profile. And then check how much I eat nowadays (Monday's log is a typical day for me). I rediscovered my hip bones a few weeks ago!
  • LucyLocket92
    LucyLocket92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the lovely replies!! :-) I've had a lot more energy to exercise for a little longer, so that's probably contributed to it. Happy girl today! Our bodies really are funny old things sandrajune, I completely agree! :-)

xx
  • baabaabetsy
    Options
    That's so awesome! I love hearing stories like this :) Dieting doesn't have to mean you're hungry all the time! Keep at it!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Everyone is raving about this 'Eat more to weigh less'......the thought absolutely terrifies me :(
    Scares me too!!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Stop being afraid of it. Try it. If it doesn't work try something else. I've been through similar experimentation - check my profile. And then check how much I eat nowadays (Monday's log is a typical day for me). I rediscovered my hip bones a few weeks ago!

this.

It's so odd when people are doing something that they admit isn't working but at the same time they are unprepared to try something different.......

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" - Einstein.

Well done OP!
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post, like you and others I too have been eating 1200 calories and seemed to stall out on my weight loss and considering increasing to 1500.
    I think you may have just motivated me to give it a try!!!
    Good Luck you only have 11 lbs to go. :)
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I followed everyone's advice....and it worked! ....well dont take every mfp advice last week a bunch of them said i should stand under a sprinkler for ten seconds naked then throw a 5 pound bag of flower over myself then run nude through the chicken plant i work at for stress relief . i mean yeah at first the feel of hundreds of chickenns picking tiny dough balls off felt good at first but after they really started to swarm um it hurt it hurt really bad. ***POST EDITED BY STAFF***
  • patriciagrade
    patriciagrade Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I followed everyone's advice....and it worked! ....well dont take every mfp advice last week a bunch of them said i should stand under a sprinkler for ten seconds naked then throw a 5 pound bag of flower over myself then run nude through the chicken plant i work at for stress relief . i mean yeah at first the feel of hundreds of chickenns picking tiny dough balls off felt good at first but after they really started to swarm um it hurt it hurt really bad.

Man, you just made me cry I was laughing so hard!

Thanx!
  • DeLiRi0uS2010
    Options
    HAHAHA

This just made my morning. LOL

Nice weight loss already to man.

Keep it up!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    so awesome!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is great to hear! Kudos to you!!
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Another one comes to the dark side! Yeah - good for you for taking the leap!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!