percentages

Options
my daily calorie composition for today 7/10/12 is 23% carbs, 23% fats and 54% proteins. what should the percentages be??? does this look ok?

Replies

• campbellsgigi
    Options
    My trainer told me today to do 33 1/3 % each.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It really depends who you ask.

Low carb people are going to tell you go "lower carbs, more fat, more protein".
    People like me who like carbs will say "more carbs".
    People who eat REALLY low carb will say "more fat".

If you are eating the kinds of food that make YOU feel good and you are happy and healthy - don't change a thing.

Personally I think it's more important to be getting a regular and healthy amount of lots of different kinds of food (preferably with a majority being "real food" and a minority being highly processed, "treat" foods) and I don't get too bothered by macros.
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Some "experts" say that the best ratio is 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fats (20% unsaturated, 10% saturated). Other "experts" say to cycle between high and low carbs.
    There is so much conflicting info out there, I say experiment a bit and find what works for YOUR body.
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    Your current macro split will work great as long as you are below your calorie goal. It will help you retain muscle while losing weight. However, if you feel that your energy levels are too low or you cant concentrate on work, up you carbs alittle bit and you should get the boost that you need.