Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

High satiety foods

I am looking for some good satiety foods. Does anyone have suggestions for foods that help you feel satisfied but do not have a lot of calories? What do you use?

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    - Special K Cracker Chips for my salt cravings
    - Sugar free fudgesicles for my chocolate cravings
    - 70 calorie jello chocolate pudding
    - fat free reddiwhip + tbsp peanut butter then freezing
    - 100 calorie packs of chips/cookies

etc.

I like cream sauces, so like grilled chicken/steak with fat free sour cream based sauces. With the meat being at around 150-250 calories, and 4 tbsps of a simple chipotle+ ff sour cream sauce (around 70+ calories) that's pretty satisfying for me.
  • shefury
    shefury Posts: 56 Member
    Canned tuna - I like the little cans that have a flavor in them...especially the tuna in basil infused oil yum
    Chick peas...I can eat them with just a little salt, and intend to try roasting them sometime
    Dessert-like - a banana dipped in melted peanut butter
  • juanjones
    juanjones Posts: 5
    thanks for the tips. Is anyone taking or know someone taking Raspberry Ketone ? I saw this on Dr.Oz and I am thinking about getting some. :ohwell:
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Greek yogurt with some fruit in it or a protein bar with a cup of coffee has quelled my appetite many times. Make sure you get some protein if you want to put the kabash on your hunger pangs.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    I tried the raspberry ketones (in fact I have a couple left) for a month. For some reason I think it helped me not be as hungry, however, I could not see any more weight loss with it and it elevated my heart rate a bit (blood pressure) . i also think because of the price , i would not want to have to take this forever. its kinda acidic (spelling?)
    and seemed to at first, upset my stomach. it may work for you, i could not see any big change using it except it DID help the hunger pangs.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    thanks for the tips. Is anyone taking or know someone taking Raspberry Ketone ? I saw this on Dr.Oz and I am thinking about getting some. :ohwell:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/dr-oz-and-green-coffee-beans-more-weight-loss-pseudoscience/ Don't waste your money. Dr. Oz is a sleazy quack who should be deregistered. Stay away from pretty much anything he's promoting unless it's a fruit or vegetable.

Eat some fibre, btw. I know everyone's all about the protein but for me feeling full means eating fibre rich meals that include lots of vegetables, seeds, nuts and legumes. Good stuff.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Canned tuna - I like the little cans that have a flavor in them...especially the tuna in basil infused oil yum
    Chick peas...I can eat them with just a little salt, and intend to try roasting them sometime
    Dessert-like - a banana dipped in melted peanut butter

Roasted chickpeas are AMAZING!

Rinse off, dry and put in a pan. Add some olive oil and whatever spices you like (I load mine up with cayanne, paprika and pepper) and roast for like an hour turning every 15 mins. Soooo good!
  • mathiasg
    mathiasg Posts: 32
    Greek yogurt.
    Eggs.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    fats and protein.
    eggs, nuts, avocado, cheese, beef jerky!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    I tried the raspberry ketones (in fact I have a couple left) for a month. For some reason I think it helped me not be as hungry, however, I could not see any more weight loss with it and it elevated my heart rate a bit (blood pressure) . i also think because of the price , i would not want to have to take this forever. its kinda acidic (spelling?)
    and seemed to at first, upset my stomach. it may work for you, i could not see any big change using it except it DID help the hunger pangs.

well you're not a mouse so it wouldn't do anything to you.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    yogurt with a teaspoon of nuts/seeds and a handful of berries
    mashed avocado with salt on a Wasa Crisp 'n Light cracker
    almond butter and sliced banana on a Wasa Crisp 'n Light cracker
    homemade vegetable-based soups
  • msmindylee
    msmindylee Posts: 61
    Almonds - 11-12 nuts are about 85 calories, surprisingly satisfying
    Cheese - an ounce is plenty

In my experience, most anything labeled "low-fat" or "fat-free" has extra sugar or chemicals that I just don't want in my body. Not to mention I have found that in terms of satiety, a small serving of the "real thing" is way more effective, better for me, and better for the planet.

YMMV.*

* - "your mileage may vary"
  • Logsv
    Logsv Posts: 36
    I love egg whites in the morning because they have very little calories and very high protein and pair that with a Thomas Bagel thin. They are only 100 calories and if you love bagels in the morning, it can help you feel satisfied without all the extra calories. The combo gives you a high protein and low carb breakfast that prevents me from needing a mid morning snack.

My other favorite for lunch is the four cheese lean pocket by hot pockets when I feel like pizza but want to avoid all the oil and calories. They are only 270 calories each and are great for days when I don't feel like doing dishes or when I'm on the go. The one thing about them is that they are high in sodium so you have to keep down your sodium for the rest of the day.

As a snack, I recommend pickle spears paired with some baked potato chips. The pickle spears have very few calories each and give me the salty acidic flavor that really help curb my appetite in between lunch and dinner. The chips also help give me a little carb boost to get through the afternoon without all the fat and oil of regular potato chips.

Good luck with your journey!!!!