Thursday check in group - December 3rd

Options
Good Morning ... I'm down ½ lb. this week ... slow and steady wins the race right?

YEAR END GOAL: I would like to be 20 lbs. lighter by then ... that would bring me to 169 lbs.
July 16 - 189 lbs.
July 23 - 187.5 lbs. (-1.5 lbs.)
July 30 - 186 lbs. (-1.5 lbs. this week)(-3 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 6 - 184.5 lbs. (-1.5 lbs. this week)(-4.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 13 - 185 lbs (+.5 lbs. this week) (-4 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 20 - 183 lbs (-2 lbs. this week) (-6 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 27 - 180.5 lbs (-2.5 lbs. this week) (-8.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 3 - 181.5 lbs (+1 lb. this week) (-7.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 10 - 179.5 (-2 lb. this week) (-9.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 17 - 176.5 (-3 lb. this week) (-12.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 24 - 174.5 (-2 lb. this week) (-15 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Oct 1 - 176 (+1.5 lb. this week) (-13.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Oct 8 - 177 (+1 lb. this week) (-12.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Oct 15 - 176 (-1 lb. this week) (-13.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Oct 22 - 176 (stayed the same this week)
Oct 29 - 174 (-2 lb. this week) (-15.5 lbs total)
Nov 5 - 173½ (-½ lb. this week) (-16 lbs. total)
Nov 12 - 176 (+2½ lbs. this week) (-13.5 lbs. total)
Nov 19 - 176 (stayed the same this week)
Nov 26 - 175.5 (-½ lb this week) (-14 lbs. total)
Dec 3
Dec 10
Dec 17
Dec 24 MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE !!!

Replies

• Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Down 1 lb this week. Feels good to be back in the 150's. Haven't seen this weight in 11 years. :happy:
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Good for you! 11 years is a very long time! Keep up the good work! I lost another pound this week. Slow and steady. Today I am going to attend a seminar for a Low Glacymic Diet. My friends lost a lot of weight that way, and its just eating additional stuff that I already am eating and I will still be doing this but also adding a few things like Quinoa and Agave Nectar just extra stuff thats good for me. So we'll see how it goes and I'll tell you guys all about it tomorrow.

Talk soon,
    Tanya

July 30th - 154 pounds
    August 6th - 150 pounds
    August 13th- 150 pounds
    August 20th - 147 pounds
    August 27th - 144 pounds
    September 3rd - 144 pounds
    September 10th - 144 pounds
    September 17th - 144 pounds
    September 24th - 142 pounds
    October 1st - 143 pounds
    October 8th - 141 pounds
    October 15th - 140 pounds
    October 22th - 139 pounds
    October 29th - 137 pounds
    November 5th - 140 pounds
    November 12th - 137 pounds
    November 19th - 136 pounds
    November 26th - 135 pounds
    Deceember 3rd - 134 pounds

Oh, I forgot to mention something, I opened up my own business, if you guys want, you can check out my website. www.shopglobalmall.com
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Down 1 lb this week. Feels good to be back in the 150's. Haven't seen this weight in 11 years. :happy:

Way cool ... CONGRATULATIONS!! Welcome to the 50's ... Yay!

Animated_Awesome_1.gif
  • magglett
    Options
    Good for you! 11 years is a very long time! Keep up the good work! I lost another pound this week. Slow and steady. Today I am going to attend a seminar for a Low Glacymic Diet. My friends lost a lot of weight that way, and its just eating additional stuff that I already am eating and I will still be doing this but also adding a few things like Quinoa and Agave Nectar just extra stuff thats good for me. So we'll see how it goes and I'll tell you guys all about it tomorrow.

Talk soon,
    Tanya

July 30th - 154 pounds
    August 6th - 150 pounds
    August 13th- 150 pounds
    August 20th - 147 pounds
    August 27th - 144 pounds
    September 3rd - 144 pounds
    September 10th - 144 pounds
    September 17th - 144 pounds
    September 24th - 142 pounds
    October 1st - 143 pounds
    October 8th - 141 pounds
    October 15th - 140 pounds
    October 22th - 139 pounds
    October 29th - 137 pounds
    November 5th - 140 pounds
    November 12th - 137 pounds
    November 19th - 136 pounds
    November 26th - 135 pounds
    Deceember 3rd - 134 pounds

Oh, I forgot to mention something, I opened up my own business, if you guys want, you can check out my website. www.shopglobalmall.com

Tanya: This diet sounds interesting ... let us know all about it. Good luck with the new business ... I'll check out the web site when I get the chance.
  • lisaaan
    Options
    Hey All!

Down two for me!

Ohhhh, the 150's......four years ago i was 159.....had lost 27 pounds...then had a tragedy and gained it all back, plus 15....I feel better for working out though.......

Congrats for the weight you have lost rdy2lose128, amazing !!

Tanya, going to your site now!!!

talk soon
    lisa

Oct 8 - 201
    Oct 15 - 197
    Oct 22-198
    Oct 29-196
    Nov 5-195
    Nov 12-193
    Nov 19-189
    Nov 26-196
    Dec 3-194
    Dec 10
    Dec 17
    Dec 24
    Dec 31
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Im down one pound this week, hoping for another 2 next week!
  • tanya7712
    Options
    So guys, I signed on to the program. Its 12 weeks and its called Transitions. Its a way of life and they teach you the right food to eat and the food to stay away from. Its low glysimic (don't think I spelled that right) and its good for people with high cholestorol or diabetes and the list goes on. There are people that after they took this program and changed their way of eating, not only lost weight but got off of most of their pills too. I don't know if there is a website for this but you might be able to check it out though my website. I am very excited about it, plus they give you supplements and they tell you watch excersizes you should be doing. You have a coach that guides you every step of the way. If you guys are interested in finding out more, let me know.

Talk soon,

Tanya
  • magglett
    Options
    Just wanted to share something ... It was one year ago today that I had my last cigarette!!!

kick-the-habit.jpg
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Just wanted to share something ... It was one year ago today that I had my last cigarette!!!

kick-the-habit.jpg

Great job! I quit for 2 years and like an idiot started back a little over a year ago. It seemed so easy to quit the first time around, but now I am having a very hard time. I think part of my fear is that I will gain back weight. I gained about 80 lbs in the 2 years after I quit. The problem was I replaced the cigarettes with food. Even now when I run out of smokes I start eating things that I shouldn't. I promised my hubby that once I get to my goal weight that I am going to quit. It is going to be hard trying to maintain my weight and fight the urge to smoke. Coming from one who learned the hard way, don't ever start again. Next time it will be even harder to stop!
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Don't know how I double posted there sorry.
  • magglett
    Options

kick-the-habit.jpg

Great job! I quit for 2 years and like an idiot started back a little over a year ago. It seemed so easy to quit the first time around, but now I am having a very hard time. I think part of my fear is that I will gain back weight. I gained about 80 lbs in the 2 years after I quit. The problem was I replaced the cigarettes with food. Even now when I run out of smokes I start eating things that I shouldn't. I promised my hubby that once I get to my goal weight that I am going to quit. It is going to be hard trying to maintain my weight and fight the urge to smoke. Coming from one who learned the hard way, don't ever start again. Next time it will be even harder to stop!

Funny you mentioned that ... I quit once for 10 years ... then I started again ... and smoked for about 10 more years. I tried a thousand times to quit again and again. I'm not sure what happened this time ... divine intervention I think ... it was definitely my time to quit. I even lost about 40 lbs. since I quit. What can I say ... I was blessed this time around.
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Sorry in advance everyone. I am trying to figure out how to post my pics on the boards. So if they don't come up sorry for wasting this spot on the board :blushing:

Okay didn't work sorry all. If anyone knows how please tell me lol.
  • tanya7712
    Options
    I have been smoke free for 4 years now. I quit cold turkey and never looked back, there are still days that when I see someone smoking next to me thats my friend its hard to say no, but then my husband is usually near me and he says you don't need that and I'm glad he's there to say it. It is definatly hard but its worth it. You feel so much better not smoking. I used to caugh and weeze all the time and since I quit, not caughing or weazing.

Talk soon,
    Tanya
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Hey Ladies, remember me :laugh: Just thought I would drop in and say Hi. Glad to see you are all doing so well I am getting back on track I have hit the running progam again and that is where I am going to take my focus right now. I am too addicted to #'s and it becomes a problem when all I can think about are pounds. For me it's about how I feel and right now I feel great!
    Still some personal crap I have to deal with but I am trying to not let it get in the way.
    If I don't post again hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a happy happy New Year. You are all a great bunch and it's so good to see you all supporting each other.
    Talk soon
    Sheri
  • magglett
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS ... I can't believe I drank the whole bottle ... French Blend Red by Magnotta ... mmmmmmmmm!!!!

I guess I took the celebration a bit too far. Dang It!!

magnotta_bottle.jpg
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Thats okay Maggie, sometimes you just get in the moment. I love sangria, I actually make my own at home. I am actually gonna make some tonight. Can't wait! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Has anyone checked out my site? Let me know what you think of it. If you shop there, you also get 2% cash back and if you refer someone and they shop there, you get 0.5% of what they buy. You just have to sign up as a prefered customer.

Here it is again: www.shopglobalmall.com

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Talk soon,
    Tanya
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies! Or is it? I was so bad last night. I went out to dinner with the family and OMG I ate a lot that I should not have. We went to this really really good Mexican restaurant and Yes I ate the chips with salsa and queso. How many? I couldn't even count :ohwell: And on top of that I had Chicken fajitas. Didn't finish it all but came pretty close. :frown: That is the first time in 11 months that I let myself get that out of control. :explode:

Couldn't help but step on the scale this morning and it showed 160. That is a 1 lb jump. Actually 2 because I sneaked on Saturday and it was 158. :noway: I am sure some of it is fluid due to all the sodium that I am sure was packed into that meal. Oh well, guess I just have to laugh it off and get back on track. I admit it was really really good. But I felt so guilty eating like that. The only thing that went into my body that wasn't that bad was the diet coke. Thus the reason I laughed at myself in the end. I used to laugh at people when they would order a diet coke, but then order something really high in cals and fat and pig out. Now I am one of them LOL!

Well today is another day. I have got to get my behind in gear and get in some exercise. Haven't been keeping up with that to well lately. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Only 18 more days until Christmas. I think (counts fingers). Everyone got their shopping done? Not me. I am a last minute shopper. I am the one you will find pacing through the store on Christmas eve shaking my head in anger that all the good stuff is sold out, not thinking that it's my own fault for not getting it done sooner. Then complaining about the long lines at the check-out that seem frozen. I have done some though. Thats better than I did last year lol. Well I will stop here. Sorry for the long post this morning. Guess I am feeling a bit to chatty today. Take-care all! ~Tonya
  • tanya7712
    Options
    I got half of my shopping done so far. I am stil not completely prepared for the holidays. I did'nt even take my daughter's holiday picture yet and I know that within a couple of days all the greeting cards at work will be coming. I have to sit down and try to do it today. There is just not enough time in a day to do everything. Anyways Tonya, I just wanted to say that its okay if once in a while you eat something that your not supposed to and go a little over board. Its perfectly normal and don't feel guilty, as long as you know to get back on it then your doing it right. Its not a diet, its a lifestyle change.

Oh, I just wanted to mention that I put on a shirt today that I could'nt fit into for almost a year and it feels great! I should tell my hubby to take a pic of me later.

Talk soon,

Tanya
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Congrats on fitting back into that shirt Tanya! :drinker: I bet that felt amazing. I know what it feels like in a way. I always saw my mother as being small. Now I can fit into her clothes. Actually they fit my a little looser than they do her now :happy: . Now she is wanting to climb on board and lose some weight. Thanks for the kind words. I know I deserve to eat something good from time to time. I guess I am just so used to being hard on myself. In the beginning I had to be, because I would have given up if I had a meal like that. Now I am at a far more comfortable weight and not to far from my goal. I was so happy Saturday when I fit into my 10's that I bought a while back. OMG I think I was maybe 16 the last time I could wear a 10. :drinker: