Food Day's at work

Options
How do you avoid the over eating at work on "food day's" ? this is really hard for me I just want to eat everything!

Replies

• piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I try to assure that I have something there that I can eat and won't blow my plan for the day. I also try to assure that I plan for one treat at the food day... cookie, small slice of cake, whatever.... then stick to the veg, fruit, healthier option.

Then I walk away!

:wink:
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    i just say no to everything i get offered and eat my own healthy stuff....if i wanted a bit i would though.
  • AmyB_1992
    AmyB_1992 Posts: 32
    Options
    How do you avoid the over eating at work on "food day's" ? this is really hard for me I just want to eat everything!

What are "Food Days" at work?
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I avoid them- I cant stay in control if I start!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Plan for it. Eat a lighter breakfast and/or dinner. Enter your daily meals ahead of time so you know how much you can eat at work.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    - Everyone at work knows I eat healthy now - so they help..sometimes they take it to another room, for example, instead of waving it in front of my face.

- I make sure I eat a good, solid, healthy breakfast before coming in.

- I have healthy snacks available to me. (My emergency drawer and the fridge here are loaded with healthy options).

- I budget for a small treat if I'm really craving it.

- I ask for help if I need it. Such as..."please don't bring that in here" .

I remember that I feel great. I'm so much healthier now. I don't want diabetes...and there is always tomorrow. This is not my last chance for cake FOREVER. It's a daily choice I make...what to eat.

You can do this...and maybe inspire others to be healthier too. They'll be amazed at your "willpower". :smile:
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    I have to plan it and leave some room for temptation. I make sure to eat breakfast at home and bring a snack to have between getting to work and lunch. And I always leave dinner "unplanned." I have two-three snacks throughout the day and drink at least 2-3 bottles of water.
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Luckily (or not) for me my work is pretty cheap and we don't have those days.. lol.. sometimes someone brings and ice creams, I will limit myself to ONE only. Or in the case of the ice cream sandwich, half a one, 170 calls is too much for my snacking :(
  • smudler
    smudler Posts: 1
    Options
    I can sympathize! Yesterday was "CHOCOLATE DAY" at work! That was hard. I tried to stay out of the break room...eat my own food...and allowed myself 4 chocolate covered pretzels which I included in my calorie allowance for the day. It was a challenge to not touch the doughnuts, double chocolate oreo cake, cookies, muffins, and all the other chocolate stuff there!
  • fmoran6179
    fmoran6179 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    These are challenging for me too. The ideas given here are great. I think now that I'm logging my food, it will help me. Also, I try to make sure I bring something I enjoy that won't be super bad for my daily log.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the day and my level of willpower. I have abstained completely and ate my own food. People are pretty understanding of that. What I've done more often is eaten a little and tracked it. That way, I get the best of both worlds - some tasty food but still within my calorie goals.

Still, there are rare days when I just go for it. I don't mind a rare breakdown and my co-workers make some really good food. As this only happens 2 or 3 times a year, it's not a big deal.
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Pre-log and include a little indulgence in your diary. That way, you won't over eat and can manage your dinner later. I miss food days now that I'm a SAHM, people make some good home-made food!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I take my own lunch to work, sometimes there is cake available (like today), I just dont eat it. Ive turned up to a conference which provided a free lunch with my own packed, I couldnt care less what people think about me not eating 'work food'. Its where you work, they dont control your whole life.
  • Dawn793
    Dawn793 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    People bring in all kinds of food set it out and we eat all day long...cookies, brownies, just junk foods...and tomorrow fried chicken and potatoes for lunch.