Ripped in 30 for July!

Options
ambeer2
ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
Hi, all! So, I've seen some previous threads on Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30, but was wondering specifically if anyone out here is doing that DVD for July?

I plan on starting today, although the whole 31 days in July thing is tempting me to start tomorrow ... haha. When perusing her DVD selection at Target, I was tempted to buy 30 Day Shred, but it had "extreme weight loss!" blasted all over the cover, and that's not really my goal. I think the only difference though between 30DS and Ripped in 30 is that the latter has one extra level, and is her "hardest" DVD, correct?

Looking forward to it. I also am deciding to couple this toning challenge with abstaining from alcohol for all of this month, so, here's hoping good ol' Jill won't make me immediately want a glass of wine after my workouts! :wink:

Anyone else out there getting Ripped in 30 this month?

Replies

• ambeer2
    Options
    Day 1, done! I hope there's some others out there.
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 this morning! I'd love to join some sort of group to keep motivated!
  • bonbon2u
    bonbon2u Posts: 3
    Options
    hey ladies I started yesterday and im a bit sore today! specially my thighs . add me to keep motivated.
  • April1201
    April1201 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hello! I just started Ripped in 30 today! Didn't think about it being July 1st, but that's even better! Here's my starting info:

Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 179 lb
    Neck: 13.5"
    Waist: 35"
    Hips: 43"

I threw up a little during the workout (very out of shape!!), but I'm so glad I did the entire workout!
    I would love some new friends to help me with the motivation factor, so please add me! :D
    Best of luck!
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 3, Day 1..It's really challenging but worth it...

Best of luck to everyone! We can do it! :happy:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Doing it starting tomorrow, 4 days a week.

I'll check in here too. I am hoping to drop a dress size and hit wonderland by August 1st -- right before my family reunion.

Starting measurements:
    CW: 207.4
    Bust: 39.5
    Underbust: 33
    Waist: 32.5
    Belly Button: 34.5
    Hips: 43.5
    Thigh: 24
    Arm: 13.75

Target Measurements:
    Goal: 199, lose 1-1.5 inches in all measurements
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    day one of week one done.. :)
  • noemibp
    noemibp Posts: 167
    Options
    Day one, week one done!
    weight 59,5 kg (131 lb)
  • jweatherfordart
    jweatherfordart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! That is the hardest part for me, the occasional drink if I want. I would rather drink my sugar than eat it! LOL
    Bought Jillian Michaels book and although I enjoyed it, wasn't overly impressed.
    I have two daughters who swear by the Insanity tapes so I bought his Rockin Body set through Groupon. My goal is to move to Insanity next. Also, trying to follow Fat Flush Plan by Ann Gittleman which requires no alcohol. The plan is super healthy and my husband loves the meals.
    Try checking off each day on a large calendar and let us know how you are doing! I started yesterday to do 21 days of the video, walking and gym work out before our cruise and returning to work: Goal - Lose 20!
    Keep us posted on the 30 day workout!
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I bought ripped in 30 did week one (5 days) did 1 day of week 2 and quit! I need to get back on track! I have every excuse under the sun! I'm tired! the kids are on summer break and are watching tv! I'm hungry! need to check my email! I guess I need some help!!
  • noemibp
    noemibp Posts: 167
    Options
    Day two of week one! Wohooo!

(Yesterday I sneezed and thought I would die... My abs are calling me names) :grumble:
  • ambeer2
    Options
    I'm about to start Week 4 today! Of course, July has been the most stressful month for me this year with work and other issues, but I have done every week of workouts, five days a week! Don't think I could manage six. It's tough stuff, but you all can do it out there! I'll be excited to show my after pics. :)
  • asaw00
    Options
    I'm going to start on Monday July 30! I know I'm late to the party, but at least i'll be showing!!!
  • asaw00
    Options
    ok its july 30 i did it!! day 1 week done!! :wink:
  • steph2331
    steph2331 Posts: 106
    Options
    I did day 1 too, I must say I didn't find it that challenging?! I might ache and wish I didn't say that tomorrow! Really want to stick at it!
  • crisdai
    crisdai Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Can t wait to see your pics. I will start August 15.
  • ambeer2
    Options
    Hello, all. Well, I did it. I finished the whole month, and didn't take a sip of alcohol to coincide with it until Saturday, after I finished Week 4 Day 5 (well, not directly after). :)

Biggest thing I noticed were my biceps (in current profile pic) and calves increasing in toneage.

My measurements yesterday, compared to measurements July 1 in parentheses are as follows:

Weight: 144.6 lbs (145.0)
    Waist: 27.25 inches (27.75)
    Hips: 37 inches (37.5)
    Chest: 34.5 inches (35.0)
    Bicep: 10.5 inches (10.0)
    Thigh: 21.75 inches (22.5)

Good luck to everyone else out there! I thought it was a fun and challenging month, and while I didn't see extreme results, I also probably could have pushed it a little harder and done other work in addition to the tape.
  • Britenyd
    Britenyd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing ripped in 30. Tomorrow starts day 3 of the 3rd week. There have been days I felt like I just couldn't do it that day but I started and just got through it. I don't know that I"m looking ripped lol but I feel good and I'll probably just start over when I get done with the 4 weeks. I'm working off baby weight or trying to. I have the ripped dvd and no more trouble zones and master metabolism.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Good job on finishing! I am in week 3. . Hoping to see some changes.
  • hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    After completing Ripped in 30, i highly recommend her Extreme Shed and Shred ~ by far, this is my favorite JM workout. I am currently doing P90X and there is no way i could have done it without doing multiple JM DVDs ~ completely prepared me!