Hi, I am new and need supportive friends

Options
Hi All!....I am pretty new to myfitnesspal but not knew to the world of weight loss and better living......I am a compulsive eater and have problems sticking to eatting healthier and weight loss.....I need some supportive friends because I always say I will do better tomorrow or my next meal even but it is not helping my journey. I need to break this crazy cycle and up and down yo yo "diets....

I am a working mother of 3 great kids, ages, 8 1/2, 5 1/2, and 4 1/2, I want to set an example and not have them follow into the same cycle I have.....I want them to eat to live and not live to eat like me.. And I want to be happier, healthier and more active for both myself and my kids and husband.

heaviest weight 304lbs 2007 (9 months pregnant with 3rd child)
lightest managable weight.....167lbs 2002

current weight 221.6 (I have gained 8.6 lbs) I have stayed at 213lbs for 4 years.....
Also i am 5ft 9 inches...that may help

Replies

• christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me I am on here every day and I have a good network of supportive people :)
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and I'll try to help. I've been on MFP for 6 days so I don't have a lot of experience with it but I am not new to the weight loss struggle.
  • MrsLeyva11
    MrsLeyva11 Posts: 90
    Options
    Please feel free to add me :) I would love to help support you in your journey
  • dawndeluca
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! :)
  • janeneale
    janeneale Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there,

I've just registered on here too. I have around 50 its to lose with the goal of being fit, healthy and proud of myself again. I'd love for someone to wolf whistle at me in the street, how vain does that sound! It would be great to have a buddy on here.

Jane.
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can all add me too, been on here nearly 2 weeks and has become my addiction log on daily and love to encourage and been encouraged
  • amanda_littlefield
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me too! I am fairly new to MFP and also have tried many, many "yoyo diets". Thanks to the wonderful world of hormones (and weight gain from my three girls that are 10, 8, & 6 yrs old), my max weight was about 240 lbs and that was early this year. I would love to have another person that not only I can help support, but that would help support me as well!!!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll support you during this journey. I've been a MFP member since January 2012. and I've lost about 23 pounds so far (from 155 to 132).
  • Kearney1022
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'd love if people could add me also. I've been on MFP for awhile, but I tend to fall off the wagon for months at a time. Would be great to have a group of supportive people all working toward the same goal!!!
  • smhill1999
    Options
    Hello to All,

I am also new to MFP, and am just underway to a new me. I have struggled with my weight since high school, and having 6 children sure hasn't helped. They are 14, 9, 5 (girls), 4 (twin boys) and 15 months (girl). I am going to be 39 in October, and was tired of feeling exhausted, sluggish and just completely unhappy with myself. On June 30th I made the commitment to improve my health not only for me, but also for my children and husband. I started at 232 lbs and am down 6 pounds so far. I am using MFP in conujunction with the Body by Vi 90-day Challenge and I already feel fantistic with so much more energy!! I would be happy to help lend support and motivation for anyone out there. Please feel free to add me! Everyone could always use any extra help!
  • pkdscript
    pkdscript Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We all need support so I will be there for you! I am so excited about this b/c the lightbulb has finally gone off for me that you shouldn't be starving yourself and need to eat the right amount of calories per day. I have already lost 5 lbs since I started this 6 days ago. I am also hypothyroid so by not eating right and not enough calories, my metabolism was all out of whack. Can you walk at lunch? You said you work with 3 kids so that may, realistically, be the only way you can do this. Maybe you could buy a jump rope and spend just 5 minutes a day doing that or even kettlebells. Do you have a dog you could walk, a neighbor who would walk with you at night? Can you get up just 20 minutes early and walk for 15? As I am sure you have found, by tracking your exercise you can eat more calories. There are so many things you can do at home and in conjunction with this, you should be on your way! I hope this helps and this really does work!!
  • galecolleen
    Options
    I just started here 2 days ago...feel free to add me!
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me if you'd like!! You can do this!
  • sash83pinky
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me peps! Id like to kick start this again.
    With surrport from each other and ones to bounce off!
  • ethanhennard
    Options
    Feel free to add! Always looking for people to support. =D
  • QUEENCEECEE
    Options
    Hello! I'm new and just looking for supportive friends! Please add me!
  • vanjala
    vanjala Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I would love to go on the journey with you. I am also a working mom of 3. I'm at my heaviest ever - 200lbs. 5ft 9in so I would like to get down to 160lbs and get off the blood pressure med. How can we support each other?
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am all to familiar with the yo-yo dieting so feel free to add me if you would like. ork hard and hang in there and you will be able to do this. Best of luck to you!
  • Pinkie409
    Pinkie409 Posts: 4
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone!......

Thank you everyone for responding to my post...I have logged on daily but during the week it is hard for me to post in the message boards. I only get a 30 min lunch at work and the time goes by fast at night after work cleaning house and taking care of kids.....I am very excited to start this journey. I can't wait to make some great buddies on here and work together to support and motiviate each other.....I have tried to add you all as friends but it says no more than 5 friend requests in 10 mins.....If you see this add me please.....Hope everyone has a great weekend.... So far so good here, I just need to exercise and log it more......How is everyone doing? is anything strugging with anything or exceling in an area?....Any good tricks to keep myself motivated on the treadmill??? Any good summer workouts that won't give me heat stroke in South Carolina?
  • pkdscript
    pkdscript Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ..I assume you listen to music or watch TV on the treadmill? That really helps cuz it's so BORING!!