Running out of steam

Options
I decided to start running in June. I work out 2 hrs. 6 days a week at the gym. I take Kick Boxing, Power Lifting, Circuit Training,Step, and Yoga/Pilates twice a week. I'm thinking about giving up two days at the gym (Tue. And Fri.) to run. I cannot do 2 hours at the gym and run 2+ miles in the same day. I'm not there yet physically. Any thoughts??

Replies

• TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm the other way round I ran 10K (6miles) on monday night, but struggle with cardio, I've looked into this and it's cos' there two different things, IE a great running might struggle in the gym & vice versa.

I'm cutting back on running to improve my cardio. it seems to work cos' i can do 30 minutes of cardio now where as i used to struggle with 5/6 minutes before.

Hope that helps.
  • Hollycoleman46
    Options
    okay thanks phaze1971..I guess just need to accept the fact the I am an individual and that everyone has their own obstacles. I have very athletic friends so I guess I just need to be patient.
  • chasper090
    chasper090 Posts: 14
    Options
    You can always do both. You could hit the gym and do about 20-30 mins of cardio, then move on to strength training. If you you need that extra boost, you might want to consider a pre workout drink like Jack3D, C4,etc. This will really get you going. Most of all, don't give up. Its easier to keep going than start all over.
  • Hollycoleman46
    Options
    I'll check the drink selection at the gym when I go this evening...I can't give up I am too addicted to this great feeling! Thx c hasper