Mommy with Babies!!

Options
Hi there.

I am a mommy of 2 little girls (18 months and 4 months), my goal on here is 1200 calories a day. Im doing ok with the calories, but i'm wondering what are other meals I could be eating to stay within my goal. ALSO, the only time i can work out is 5:00 am. but i can't seem to get up until 6:00. That's just enough time to shower, have coffee, get both girls up and changed. (my husband feeds them). When i come home at 5:00, I feed the baby, then get dinner ready for the older one, then she eats 6-6:30 then get her ready for bed for 8:00, so again, mornings are best time for me to workout, but i can't seem to do it. How do you do it?

Replies

• cyberm
    cyberm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have found that I can do the early morning if I have a friend meeting me or a trainer/someone at the gym... It helps you look forward to visiting with your friend or at least makes you accountable. We wouldn't want to let someone else down (wish I felt so strongly about letting myself down).
  • ninavivi
    ninavivi Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't depend on friends. They always "say" they want to work out/eat better, but then just talk the talk. Never do. That's why I am using this site. All of us want the same thing. And actually try to eat better/work out. So my husband and I are the only team. we have a treadmill at home and some equipments. We just can't seem to get up.
  • cooper258
    cooper258 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try putting your alarm clock across the room so that you have to get up. have all your workout gear ready to go. If you have an ipod, ipad, iphone, droid...set up a show or movie or music to keep you motivated.
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I signed up for bootcamp at 5:30 am - gets my *ss out of bed and moving. And while I'm at it, I set the alarm for a half hour earlier - it lets me fold that extra load of laundry or get the dishwasher going while I'm out at the gym. Make a plan that involves acccountability - it's the only way to get there, work as hard as you can, and leave feeling you accomplished what you needed to.
  • cooper258
    cooper258 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a young daughter and both my husband and I work full time. I have to exercise at 5am as well. It's just the only time I can. The hardest part is the first time, but once you start feeling better and getting more energy throughout the day, you will look forward to some "me time." I set up shows and movies via Netflix or HBO Go so that I have sometihing to watch while I workout. It helps me a lot.
  • ninavivi
    ninavivi Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Your right. Right now i have my phone next to my pillow, so when the alarm goes off i just hit (without really remembering i did). i'll move it to the dresser. I was able to work out for 2 weeks before i went back to work. Once I started (after my maternity leave) i haven't gotten up. I will try tomorrow morning!!
  • GanjaBall
    GanjaBall Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Early morning just doesn't work for me. Once I start to sleep, it's hard to get me up. As it is my 2yo son wakes me up early enough. So, I do the late night thing. Sometimes I'm at the gym as late as midnight. Its been working out great for me and I get the gym to myself :)
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have an 18 mth old son and I work full time. My days are busy and plans are always changing. I aim to work out first thing in the morning. It is hard when you first start but, eventually it will just become part of your routine. If I don't get my morning workout in ~ no biggie I will aim to do an ondemand workout video after my son goes to bed. I also take advantage of weekends & holidays to squeeze in extra workouts. I take my son work walks in his wagon, jogs in the stroller, also remember running around with your kids outside or at playgrounds is exercise. So don't just sit there ~ make memories & burn calories.

A few tips I was told when I started working out in the morning:
    Put alarm clock on opposite side of room - that way you are forced to get out of bed which for me is the hardest part.
    Someone told me to sleep in my workout clothes. I never liked that but, I do lay my clothes out the night before.
    Be flexable with your schedule. What works one day may not work the next.

My advise to you is find something you love & make time for yourself. Good luck :smile:
  • shrednyc85
    shrednyc85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fellow mom with a toddler - just throwing out 3 suggestions:

(1) I do the Jillian Michaels videos for two specific reasons: I can do them at home (convenient) and they are only 20 minutes (again, with kids, convenient)

(2) any way your husband can watch the kids for that 20 mins in the am while you work out?

(3) its not the best idea, and may not be viable for the 4 month old, but i let my toddler watch tv while i work out. its really the only thing that will keep her occupied for that 20-30 mins. i give her the ipad and i do the DVD. Maybe your 18 month old would watch a a cartoon and the baby could hang out in a bouncer chair?