5'8 with SW of 200 lbs

Options
Any ladies out there who are 5'8 with of CW of 200 lbs who would like to start a life changing journey !
Please add me as a friend ! I need some motivational support !

Also anyone who has achieved their long term goals and have pictures , that would be great because i find that "before and after "pictures motivate me ! Pictures of people that are of similar body height and weight !
:D

So a little about myself!
I am 23 years old and have always been overweight !
I was a always told that i don't look that big because i am tall and its all stretche out !:P

But one day i got my BMI measured and found out that i am on the higher end of overweight and slowly getting into the obese!

SO HERE IT BEGINS!

HEIGHT =5'8
START WEIGHT =200
CURRENT WEIGHT =197
GOAL WEIGHT =150

LET DO THIS!

Replies

• meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I'm 5ft 10

SW 220
    CW 191.5
    GW 175

Feel free to add me! :O) x
  • zoedicko
    zoedicko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hi im zoe 5ft 9.

sw. 200
    cw 200 (got down to 195 but put it bk on)
    gw 180 xx
  • kbh17
    kbh17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love some motivation.

I lost 13lbs before joining MFP and another 9lbs since joining.

I am 5'7"
    SW 201
    CW 179
    original GW 175 thinking of changing it to 163ish...
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm 5'9

SW: 211 lbs
    CW: 176 lbs
    GW: 161 lbs

Feel free to add me!
  • ladchykaka88
    Options
    Thank you girls for sharing !
    NOW ARE YOU READY TO START!

I joined a group this morning .This group was a challenge to lose 20 pounds in 2 months months which is doable and realistic !

I was thinking of starting the same challenge but Instead of setting only long term goals ,we can also set short term goals. Such as daily calories burned goals and pounds lost per week.

Who's in for it ?

Details of the challenge ar as Follows.:
    You would have to initially fill up the following information for the first week .

Example using my personal measurments
    Week 1 :
    Height:5'8
    Daily calorie count:1300
    Starting Weight :211 lbs
    Current weight :197lbs
    Goal Weight (which should be at least 20lbs):177lbs

Daily Goal is to burn at least 300 calories (workout)
    Weekly Goal is to loose 2 pounds by next weks weight in.

And So on ... and so forth .....

Also you can share your daily workout program .
    for example i just started turbofire . Good home workout which doesnt require any weights or equipment .
  • photocolorful
    photocolorful Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My Starting weight was 230, now at 198-200, yo-yoing back and forth and haven't lost in about a month and I work out HARD and count calories!! Could use some inspiration myself!!! Thanks!!!
  • photocolorful
    photocolorful Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Some days I run for an hour, other days I do interval training with the elliptical, punching bag, weight lifting (70 lbs benching) and crunches and pilates type exercises! I am now a size 12, but looking to reach a goal weight of 165.. I am stuck in a rut!!
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'd definitely love to join this group.

Also the weekly goals sound great, it provides serious motivation and i want to shed this weight as efficiently and quickly as possible :)

Height: 5'6"
    Calorie Goal: 1200
    Start Weight: 200
    Current Weight: 184
    Goal Weight: 150

I'll be totally honest, I actually don't exercise at all aside from my daily walks, and I don't really count those because they aren't hardcore workouts. I own two exercise machines and can't find the time to use either of them, ugh. Hopefully this will get me to use 'em. Also, i'm hoping to start running every Saturday and/or Sunday morning.
  • ladchykaka88
    Options
    My Starting weight was 230, now at 198-200, yo-yoing back and forth and haven't lost in about a month and I work out HARD and count calories!! Could use some inspiration myself!!! Thanks!!!

I think i can help a bit with plateuas ! For you to avoid plateus in your diet plan , you would have to shock your body once in a while with a cheat meal. A cheat meal not cheat day ! Also you should avoid doing the same workout routine everyday. Try to workout something different everyday. The following is an example of a weeks workout program which also shocks your body. This way you wont ever get bored of working out. You can also join random workout classes like spinning ,zumba,plyo ,and bodypumps

Day1 40 mins of cardio-running ,speed walking etc.
    day 2 half an hour of arm workout
    day 3 1 hour of zumba (hundreds and thousand of zumba workout on youtube )
    day 4 Legs and ab workout
    day 5 Kickboxing (also on youtube)
    day 6 half an hour of buttox and ab workout
    Day 7 Rest

I know alot but I never apply and thats what i needd MOTIVATION TO APPLYY....
  • Melb0688
    Melb0688 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    im 5'7
    sw 242
    cw 232
    GW 170
    my calorie goal on here is 1400
    i was 224 i keep flux...im so determined to get under 200 i
  • parisiantwyst
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 20 years old,
    SW: 199
    CW: 180
    GW: 150

I'm on 1280 calories a day and I bought a fitbit about 2 weeks into MFP. I walk approx. 1150 steps a day and do yoga every day for 40 minutes.
    In 45(ish) days I lost nearly 20lbs!

Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • ladchykaka88
    Options
    Girls this is great !
    We all fall in the same range of almost everything which is one way we can all relate to each other .

THE CHALLENGE BEGINS!

Please take note of all you measurements and weigh ins seperately for this challenge .Simply because smaller goals are easier to accomplish than bigger ones .

TODAY'S GOAL:
    -stay within your set calorie count for the day. (mine would be 1300-1400)
    - choose a cardio workout of anysort that would burn at least 300 calories -im doing 60 mins of zumba
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    hey i am 5 foot 7 with a SW of 208lbs. My goal weight is 140lbs and I am currently 186lbs!
  • kgoble89
    kgoble89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello:)

22 years old
    5'9
    SW: 219
    CW: 208
    GW: 130 (small frame)

I have always struggled without body image issues but didn't start gaining weight until 3 years ago.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9"
    SW (January 2012) 211lb
    SW on MFP (Feb 2012) 207lb
    CW 167lb
    GW 137lb

I still have a long way to go and have currently hit a rough patch but I hope t get my motivation back soon and lose the remaining 30lbs!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Add me if you like :) I need a good team of support and would love to support other people, too, especially when we're all in the same boat!
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 52 years old (age is only my shell not my mind)

sw 248 (2011) ww
    sw 232 mfp
    cw 226
    gw165

I would love to be added
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 24 and 5'8

sw: 245
    cw: 195
    gw: 175 (for now, maybe 165 once I get to my initial goal)
  • AndreaHogston160
    AndreaHogston160 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" tall (actually 5'2" with my shoes off) and my SW-244. My CW-197 (was 193 but I have been indulging at way too many cookouts). My goal weight is 140. I would love to say I lost over 100 lbs. My BMI says I should be 110-130 but I have a large muscular frame and I am pretty sure 140 is gonna be the best weight for me at any rate my initial goal was 160 but I honestly think 140 probably what I should weigh. Tryinng to get started back today. Gonna spend the next 2 days cleansing with fruits and veggies only.
  • star0207
    star0207 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi y'all!!

Height: 5'7
    SW: 239
    CW: 228
    GW: 160

Feel free to add me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!