Almost 50!

Options
Hi everyone my Brother in Law recommended this site to track what I eat.

I am fast approaching 50 (in December) and even though I am still pretty active and exercise 3-4 times weekly, my weight has crept up over the past year and I realize that I can no longer eat whatever and still maintain a reasonable weight and fitness level.

So I started tracking my eating habits for this week. And was amazed at what I put into my body.

Anyway, glad to be a new member and have enjoyed exploring the site.

Dave

Replies

• nascarted10
    nascarted10 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am 58 (no idea how that happen so quickly!). Anyway, I agree. seems like I used to eat to try to gain weight to play football and Lacrosse and still could not gain. Now I look at food and I gain. I guess it has to do with metabolism, exercise, and muscle loss. What ever it is, this site is amazing as I had no idea how many calories I was eating. Guess I was clueless!
  • martyv73
    martyv73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You do not look anywhere near 50!!!!! Congrats on joining the weight journey.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    welcome I'm turning 60 this month and it is a great site and good people on here. Again welcome to becoming healthier.
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am 53, and I also had completely change my eating habits to keep the weight off. Great book, that has helped a lot is the Engine 2 diet~ Also lots of exercise, the older I get the more I have to do!!!! But it is worth it! I am on absolutely no meds, and plan on straying that way! Add me as a friend if you like!
  • redcon1228
    redcon1228 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and support. I have always been my own motivator but realize I need to watch my intake.

And having some extra support and motivation has never hurt anyone... so bring it on!