I followed everyone's advice....and it worked! :-)

Options
2»

Replies

• nancykhayes
    nancykhayes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Good for you!

It makes me wonder if I should up my calories too. The thing is, I'm not that consistent anyway, so I don't manage to eat 1200 calories all the time anyway. I haven't lost any weight in quite awhile though...

What calculation did you end up using to decide on how many calories you should eat now?
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOL @ the chickens!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you...I had the same problem and have been losing steadily since I started eating more too.

Congrats and welcome back to the "loser club" lol

;)
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What I find has been working for me is shooting for 1500 cals. Some days I have much less, and some days much more (+- 300 cals or so), but overall it evens out. This works for me, I don't think I could shoot for a straight 1500 a day. I don't want to think that hard about it. I didn't loose though till I upped from 1200 to 1500. Good luck :smile:
  • JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How did you decide what to increase your calories to? Also, are you eating your exercise cals?
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I followed everyone's advice....and it worked! ....well dont take every mfp advice last week a bunch of them said i should stand under a sprinkler for ten seconds naked then throw a 5 pound bag of flower over myself then run nude through the chicken plant i work at for stress relief . i mean yeah at first the feel of hundreds of chickenns picking tiny dough balls off felt good at first but after they really started to swarm um it hurt it hurt really bad.

Hahaha, I just peed my pants!
  • KarenLamyman
    Options
    WOW Congratulations!!, I'm exactly the same, not sure how I can up my calories though, would a couple of glasses of wine help? Please?
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, because I was having the same problem. Hit a plateau and not losing much and still feeling hungry, it was frustrating me. So starting yesterday I decided to up my calories a little and I am hoping that will work.

Congrats to you and hope you get to your goal soon :flowerforyou:
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Everyone is raving about this 'Eat more to weigh less'......the thought absolutely terrifies me :(

It's VERY scary! The concept seems so backwards when you repeat what has been hammered into your brain for years, "eat less, move more, eat less, move more". This is what we are used to, this becomes our life and changing your life is no less than terrifying! But I have to say from my own personal experience that I got on the EM2WL bandwagon and prest-ochange-o the world is a much happier and balanced place. I actually feel hunger, have excessive amounts of energy sometimes and have a more positive outlook on life. Not to mention the scale has begun moving in the right direction after completing my reset!
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WTG!

How many calories did you add to your day? 1200 is a mental block for me, and anytime I go over is no bueno.
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is such an an inspring post. I too increased my calories from 1200 to 1500 becuase I hit a major plateau. Hopefuly this translates to a nice loss on the scale!!! :)
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I followed everyone's advice....and it worked! ....well dont take every mfp advice last week a bunch of them said i should stand under a sprinkler for ten seconds naked then throw a 5 pound bag of flower over myself then run nude through the chicken plant i work at for stress relief . i mean yeah at first the feel of hundreds of chickenns picking tiny dough balls off felt good at first but after they really started to swarm um it hurt it hurt really bad.

Bahahahah thanks for making me laugh this morning, I needed it :flowerforyou:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    really glad to hear this!! i have all these friends who eat 1200-1400 calories a day, and clearly it is working for them and i am happy and supportive of that, but i am active (burn 500-700 cals a day) and i am a hungry person!! i aim to keep my cals under 1900 most days, and it can be a real challenge for me on some days.

well done! thanks for the update. i also agree that if something isn't working, then try something new for a couple weeks. i think my body likes a good challenge :)
  • Mom4greatgirls
    Mom4greatgirls Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!
  • kluvfreddy
    kluvfreddy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    WoooooHooooo I did the same thing about a month & 1/2 ago, went three weeks no loss and read about eating more weighing less and BAM i been losing about 8 lbs a month now....It really does work!!!! Congrats 2u!
  • Lose40Plus
    Options
    You have motivated me to give it a try at least. I have stalled at 1200/day. I think I will up it to 1400 and see what happens. THX!!
  • michnforest
    michnforest Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I am still new and learning the ways of proper weight loss and management. I just started about 3 weeks ago. After my first weigh in (in 1 week). I may alter what I have been doing.

Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!