HOW BELLY FAT ATTACKS

Options

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Great article, and I have read up on how to fight this.
    One of our resident egg-heads can explain the science in detail, but yes.
    It's called many things like our "weight thermostat" that changes the chemical structure of the brain.

With fat people the thermostat is screwed up, making us crave food which leads to eating like a pig which leads to weight gain.

And when we lose weight, our "weight thermostat" freaks out and drives us insane until we cave to the cravings.
    BUT...
    The longer you maintain a healthy weight, the easier it becomes, because your "weight thermostat" resets over time.

This is why we need to work hard to maintain once we reach our goal weight. We think the war is won, but that's just the end of the beginning. THE FIGHT CONTINUES!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The longer you maintain a healthy weight, the easier it becomes, because your "weight thermostat" resets over time.

This is why we need to work hard to maintain once we reach our goal weight. We think the war is won, but that's just the end of the beginning.

AGREED!!!!!
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options
    I love the way you put that! ^ And it makes perfect sense :)
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    love this article! Thanks for sharing.. i printed it to share with co-workers who are also working with me to lose fat and be healthy again..
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Great article!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    awesome article, thank you!
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    Bump very interesting..
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Great article, and I have read up on how to fight this.
    One of our resident egg-heads can explain the science in detail, but yes.
    It's called many things like our "weight thermostat" that changes the chemical structure of the brain.

With fat people the thermostat is screwed up, making us crave food which leads to eating like a pig which leads to weight gain.

And when we lose weight, our "weight thermostat" freaks out and drives us insane until we cave to the cravings.
    BUT...

This is why we need to work hard to maintain once we reach our goal weight. We think the war is won, but that's just the end of the beginning. THE FIGHT CONTINUES!

Well said my friend!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I can't read this without ordering the magazine. :(
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. I tried it again and it went through. I don't know what was up with that. lol
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump