I'm just stacking on the pounds and I don't know why!?

Options
I got weighed for the first time in 2 months the other day and I have put on over 10 lbs. I recognise that I wasn't eating very well at the time and often binge eating which I've started to slowly curb, it's getting much better. I'm also doing a lot more exercise with bike riding and walking.
The problem is that I'm still gaining weight even after I've stopped eating everything I have in the past and I was hoping someone could look at my diary and see if I'm eating the right kinds of foods. You will notice there are some days missing but that is because I joined the online weight watchers (big mistake).

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• Leah_T
    Leah_T Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It would help to know your height and current weight. I looked at your diary....why are your daily calories under 1200? I didn't think MFP would let you go under 1200 calories a day. I am sure most people would say that you aren't eating enough, but without your stats it is hard to say.
  • Starla_86
    Starla_86 Posts: 88
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and regrettably weigh 126 lbs...i used to be 110 lbs last year :/
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    When I was eating 1250 calories I started and lost 13lbs, then gained 4..... I upped my calories to 1600 and I've lost 5... I have more to lose than you... but I just wanted to say you may want to try eating more :)
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Also maybe try to eat less processed food... switch to whole grains and fresh pasta, etc... the sodium content in those frozen meals is sky high.. you could be retaining a lot of water. I would suggest monitoring your water.... I make my goal to atleast drink 1/2 my weight in ounces per day. I pee alot.... but I don't feel bloated even near TOM from water retention! Good luck!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Based on BMI (yeah, yeah, I know BMI isn't everything) you're already in a healthy range. Focus on eating wholesome foods with a modest caloric deficit - 800 cal a day is too low and is likely to result in you feeling deprived and back to binge eating. At your age, height and weight your BMR is almost 1,400 and that's not allowing for any activity , even if you're sedentary tour TDEE is going to be closer to 1,700 - with a 500 cal per day deficit you should be, at a minimum, at 1200 cal per day.