Does this bother anyone else?

Options
I eat a lot healthier than a lot of my friends. Sometimes when we are eating together they often pick off my plate because it looks soooo good (which is is AND its healthy :)

But then i find everything be picked at, and THEN they go oh sorry...."here have some of MINE" and offer me an oily drippy french fry instead. YUCK!

anyone else deal with this???

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty possessive about my food, so I usually don't let anyone pick off my plate. OK, sometimes I'll let DH or the kids try what I'm having, sometimes! :tongue: I would find a way to gently tell my friends that I'm really hungry and not in the mood to share. Or cough on my plate, so no one will want it! :laugh: Or, when you are ordering, tell them what you are planning on ordering and encourage them to join you in ordering healthy.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this happen to me...but next time that happens tell them that you ordered it for yourself and if they want some they they to should have ordered it. A friend of mine always wants a taste of mine but thats it...she will eat it and then be like oh that is so good. She always wishes she ordered what I ordered. Let them know that you have noticed they always like what you order so they should just order what you do or don't plan on picking at your plate. That is very annoying.
  • mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact opposite! I'm picking at my friends french fries! It drives my boyfriend crazy (he likes his french fries) !!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    My wife uses my plate for her garbage can. If she's eating chicken, and comes across some piece of gristle, she puts it on my plate. They brought her hushpuppies and she don't like hushpuppies? - she puts 'em on my plate. In the past this kind'a made sense, cause I was the walking disposal (how'd I get so heavy? :huh: ).

She wiped her hands on my shirt a while back.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My wife uses my plate for her garbage can. If she's eating chicken, and comes across some piece of gristle, she puts it on my plate. They brought her hushpuppies and she don't like hushpuppies? - she puts 'em on my plate. In the past this kind'a made sense, cause I was the walking disposal (how'd I get so heavy? :huh: ).

Your wife sounds like a hoot!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Yum yum eat up that gristle :p hehe
  • deekennedy33
    deekennedy33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :happy:

I have the same problem. I would order something at the girls night out and sometimes, they started picking off my plate and giving my stuff away to everybody else. Leaving me still feeling hungry. Oh well...I can't tell them to order their own...so, I just go home and eat some more stuff.

:happy:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    This doesn't usually happen to me, but it reminded me of one time I grabbed some taco bell with this guy I was sort of seeing. I hadn't eaten all day and all I got was nachos. He got a TON of food, scarfed all of it down and then started eating my nachos! I was so mad! Hmm, no wonder my boyfriend gets mad when I do this, it is rude, lol. Though I do ask first, but he doesn't like to share his food.

Next time your friends do this, adopt Joey's mantra from Friends, protect your food and say ABR25 DOESN'T SHARE!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Yep! I try really hard to plan my calories so I want every single one allowed. I get so annoyed if I plan for a treat like a smal box of glossettes and my boyfriend takes a few, I bite his head off.
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options

Haha! My husband does the same to me... you should see us when we go out to the hibachi places. He even has the chef put what he doesn't want on my plate! Talk about embarrassing.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yep! I try really hard to plan my calories so I want every single one allowed. I get so annoyed if I plan for a treat like a smal box of glossettes and my boyfriend takes a few, I bite his head off.

The hubby has a bad habit of doing stuff like that, too. A few weeks ago, I got some milk and 2 cookies and he got himself a half dozen or so cookies and started drinking my milk!!! Get your own buddy!!!