Ladies: DRESS Fitting this SATURDAY. ToM.............

Options
The dress fitting is at noon. And my predicted ToM is on Monday. I'm already gaining 1-5 pounds because of water weight.. What can I do before the fitting to make sure the last month of my lifestyle change did not go to waste... I was also thinking of not eating or drinking anything until after the fitting... in order to be measured in my most dehydrated state....

What do you all think?
Thanks in advance:D

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Can you reschedule the fitting?

I wouldn't not eat or drink anything before your dress fitting. If your dress has a corset back you can work with a different size very well.
  • rusialeelee
    rusialeelee Posts: 143
    Options
    It's my best friend's wedding so I can't reschdule.. but I do get to pick the dress so maybe I'll get a corset like you said. :D Thank you for your advice!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Not drinking anything will make it worse, the best thing for water retention is more water (strange huh). Drink lots of water and add lemon. I'm like a levee during TOM and this helps a lot.
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    lower your sodium, sugar, coffee, and fat intake seriously. It helps with bloating and a LOT of other symptoms!!

READ THIS!

http://www.naturalhomeandgarden.com/natural-health/6-foods-to-avoid-for-pms-relief.aspx
  • ktwest2107
    ktwest2107 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would take Diurex. I take it around my TOM, and it makes me pee more, so I don't bloat or retain water.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you really want to go in dehydrated get a good cardio in the night before... keep eating and drinking though!
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in September and had my fitting last weekend, which was also my TOM :( I would say just find a dress you love, they can alter it if it is too big...
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    try water pills
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    As long as you have the proper foundation garments it won't make a difference. Your underwear/girdle/corset should suck everything in even if it that TOM.
  • Dedee36
    Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would take Diurex. I take it around my TOM, and it makes me pee more, so I don't bloat or retain water.

That's what I was thinking as well.
  • skinnygirl078
    skinnygirl078 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you get the size you fit in now, and lose the water weight, a simple tuck will fix everything!
    Sewing, ftw~
    (And it's easy to do on your own!)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Spanx!

Honestly, you're going to want to be somewhat comfortable in the dress at the wedding, so you don't want it too tight. I would suggest water, eating super healthy between now and then, and get your cardio in too. There's nothing much you can do. I went for a dress fitting recently after eating a giant plate of pasta. It fit somewhat snug, but I knew that wouldn't be the case on the day of the wedding. On the day of the wedding, I wore spanx and the dress looked awesome.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    all the other stuff listed and avoid carbs like the plague!
  • rusialeelee
    Options
    Wow guys, thank you so much for your wonderful responses. I will definitely follow everything you say. I'm really grateful I just found out that the wedding's been extended a month more because of venue issues. Better for me because then I have 2 months, not 1 month.

:D I will definitely do the 30 Day Shred the night before the fitting and try to avoid everything you guys said. I'll look into Diruex, too!

Thanks again<3 :P
  • rusialeelee
    Options
    all the other stuff listed and avoid carbs like the plague!

heehee my fav advice