Working, Do i count extra calories??

Options
I work in a restaurant/pub, and i sometimes feel as if i shouldn't count the extra calories that i burn while standing around all day and walking around giving out orders and collecting dishes.

Does anyone else count this as extra exercise or not? and if so, how do you work the calories burnt?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You should set your activity level to include these I think. There was an option that included jobs such as waitressing. If you are set to this level, then you don't need to include it as extra activity. If you are set to sedentary, then you should include it.
  • cassieparrish
    cassieparrish Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't work everyday so i didn't include it in my starting options as some days i can be sat around all day studying
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Are you starving and need more calories? Then estimate it conservatively. If not count it as just bonus to ensure you hit your weight loss goal :)
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think if you take an estimate on how often you work and plug that in as your activity level - if you waitress 5x a week, that would be "active" for example - you should be fine. Put in how often you work and run from there :)