Is 1700cals too much or too little?

Options
I'm on a serious cutting phase right now, I weight about 165lbs and am about 6'0, I'm almost 20.. Is 1700 cals a day too little for even cutting? Or too much?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Probably too low. Try this calculator. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ It will give you the calories you would burn on average for a day including exercise. It will also take off the percentage for losing weight at a good healthy pace. If you were sedentary it says 1797 for the day, but I am guessing you are not sedentary.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    165 and your cutting?....im shorter 5`11 and 175 and im going 165 lowest minimum you wont have anything left at 6 foot and going below 165 and yes 1700 is way to low...last week i averaged 2100 a day and lost .6lbs
  • NYBikeRacer
    Options
    Frist, everyone is different. 2nd: its not so much about the calories but about the nutrients that you eat and the level of macro/micro you take into your body. I disagree entirely with that website calculator...but that is me. I weigh 180, train 2-3 hours a day burning between 1000 - 2500 calories a day and rarely eat over 2000 calories: If I do it is a hard training day and I still won't eat over 2400 calories. I feel great because I eat right, portion my meals right and consume proper %'s of fat, protein and carbs. You are young however so you can get away with eating more (so long as it is healthy and smart) and it not affecting you as much (within reason.)

If I was at 165 at your height I would be very happy. But to each is own.