Got the exercise plan down, what about food??

Options
Hey guys. So I'm currently 174 hoping to get down to 150 someday. I'm hoping to lose at least 15-20lbs before I go back to school in the beginning of September. I finally got my workout plan down. I'm going to the gym 7 days a week, 40 mins of cardio each day, and every other day strength training included. I'm having trouble with the food part though. I'm sometimes told that 1,200 calories (MFP's suggestion) is not enough, and I'm not very good at making my own foods (a lot of diets have recipes that I don't have time to make or don't like). Suggestions? Feel free to look at my diary. Thanks :)

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    The blog on my page has low calorie, easy to make, delicious recipes, and I add more everyday! Feel free to add me to check it out! I used to not like certain foods, but now I will try and eat anything, never be afraid to try something new! :smile: It will broaden your horizons to make delicious healthy meals!
  • jessieg515
    jessieg515 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks!
  • marinweb
    marinweb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For that level of activity, You should be eating more. Try the 1500-1700 range. You must fuel your body to allow it to rebuild from the stress you are going to put it through. Diet is MORE important than your workout routine.

Read this,it might help:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • jessieg515
    jessieg515 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For that level of activity, You should be eating more. Try the 1500-1700 range. You must fuel your body to allow it to rebuild from the stress you are going to put it through. Diet is MORE important than your workout routine.

Read this,it might help:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

wow!! i love that story!! thanks a lot!! i hope you share that with more people!