Feeling lazy today, help push me!

Options
I seriously need a push today... I am so lazy and just want to sit sit sit :yawn: I need to get my butt in gear and get to the gym! Help!

Replies

• ashtynplatt
    ashtynplatt Posts: 364
    Options
    You can do it girl! Just think about how awesome you will feel after you do it, and if you don't do it, you may feel guilty!
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Promise yourself you'll go for just 20 minutes --just 20. If you're still not feeling it after that 20 minutes is up, than you may go home.
    I have a sneaking suspicion once you're there and working out, you'll want to stick around
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    Ok...well here's my disclaimer...I say this with all love LOL

Get up off your lazy butt and do what you need to do! The pounds aren't going to fall off by themselves and if you're ok with keeping them there then continue to sit on your lazy tail and do nothing. BUT then don't complain when the scale doesn't budge...or worse yet, goes up.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Come on get up and go.. Not gonna tell those lbs who's boss sitting and chatting with us :D
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was having that feeling this morning! But I got up and went and I can say that now that I'm back home, I'm so happy I did!

If you don't go, by tonight you will be kicking yourself!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You will feel so much better after you go to the gym. We all have days like this. I find that if I give in one day and not exercise it is easier to not do it again the next day. I remember when I started exercising in February and swore every morning when the alarm would go off. Since I have been doing it and seeing the results it is so much easier to get up and do it. I am saying this lovingly. GET UP AND GO TO THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!! You will thank me later.
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Promise yourself you'll go for just 20 minutes --just 20. If you're still not feeling it after that 20 minutes is up, than you may go home.
    I have a sneaking suspicion once you're there and working out, you'll want to stick around

This.
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Get up off of your *kitten* and move!!!! Did that help?
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Just get up and do it!! You will feel so much better.

I have been feeling the same way today. I only got a couple hours sleep last night, so I am feeling beyond lazy. But I forced myself to get out for my 5:30am walk, and I just returned from my noon hour walk. I feel so much better now, more awake and proud of myself for just doing it when I really didn't want to at all.
  • lisa86326
    lisa86326 Posts: 20
    Options
    omg - i so know. it's just so much easier to lie around and read. and not move my *kitten*! but remember - has there EVER been a time you said, "gee, i wish i hadn't exercised!"
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Get into your workout clothes and if that doesn't spur you in just do it anyway! I often find I really don't want to get up and workout, but get up and get changed. I start promising myself if I really can't be bothered I will quit in 5-10 minutes, but once you start you get that nice surge of energy and I am yet to quit before my workout is over.
  • rodaviarocket
    Options
    :smile: i know you can do it if others can do i can do also keep it up.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Put on your sneakers and get out there... once you are out you will feel like superwoman!
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Get up, get on your workout clothes, get to your gym/home gym, get on the treadmill or device of your choice and tell yourself you have at least ten minutes in you. When you get to ten, say to yourself, what's five more? Then at fifteen: I can do another five and keep pushing for that five more minutes. The next thing you know you will have thirty or forty minutes down and I am willing to bet you won't feel so sluggish anymore :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I've lost 41lbs by working out and eating better. I have to say that I had MANY days where I just wanted to sit in the A/C and just watch a movie instead. Yesterday I had an Ah hah moment and realized that if I hadn't worked out on those days, I wouldn't be where I am today. Just get out there and get started and you'll get it overwith before you know it. If you're tired of your workout, change it up a bit and do something different. You can do it. :)
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    It's rainy here this morning and I almost put off walking but a friend texted me and asked if I was going. It was not raining much so I put on my rain jacket and we went walking. I feel so much better about my choice. Come on you can do it. Get moving.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I thought you wanted this. Guess you were lying cause it just sounded cool.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    LISTEN HERE YOUNG LADY!! GET YOUR *kitten* IN GEAR AND GET YOURSELF MOVING. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN OVER NIGHT SO GET YOUR LAZY *kitten* OFF THAT COACH OR ILL MAKE SURE TO HAVE SOME HUNGRY ROTTWEILERS SMELL THE JUICY STEAK IVE PLACED BETWEEN YOUR BUTT CHEEKS.....GOT IT? GOOD!!

QZfA9VrG6N4j5pElQrNLt2yNXRPCrnp6.jpg
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    LISTEN HERE YOUNG LADY!! GET YOUR *kitten* IN GEAR AND GET YOURSELF MOVING. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN OVER NIGHT SO GET YOUR LAZY *kitten* OFF THAT COACH OR ILL MAKE SURE TO HAVE SOME HUNGRY ROTTWEILERS SMELL THE JUICY STEAK IVE PLACED BETWEEN YOUR BUTT CHEEKS.....GOT IT? GOOD!!

QZfA9VrG6N4j5pElQrNLt2yNXRPCrnp6.jpg

I'm stealing that picture and sticking it up somewhere in my house =P I am pretty sure that should motivate me every day ha ha.
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ok...well here's my disclaimer...I say this with all love LOL

Get up off your lazy butt and do what you need to do! The pounds aren't going to fall off by themselves and if you're ok with keeping them there then continue to sit on your lazy tail and do nothing. BUT then don't complain when the scale doesn't budge...or worse yet, goes up.

I totally agree