Im starting fresh... new to using the community

Options
Hi! I am not new to my fitness pal but i am thinking i didn't stick with it because i didn't reach out for support. I am a 4 year cancer survivor and its so important for me to get to a healthy weight to prevent my cancer from coming back. I have tried a bunch of other things to lose this 20 lbs hanging around... hoping and praying this works. Any tips or advice?? :smile: stephani

Replies

• byebyeluvhandles
    byebyeluvhandles Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for about 3 weeks so far and I love it. I never thought I would ever count calories and now I am doing just that along w/my workouts and believe it or not, it's actually working. I have also joined some groups on here and have accepted some challenges, that has helped me be more accountable.

Way to go on kicking cancer's @$$!!!
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    TIPS:

Drinking plenty of water
    Portion control when it comes to your food
    Exercise(switch up every couple weeks so your body doesn't get use to your routine)
    Be strong
    Support system (surround yourself with positive people)
    Motivation( tell yourself everyday I can and will do this)
    Good pair of workout shoes

Lastly enjoy, and have fun and know this is a lifetime journey that you are in for life. Don't be afraid to dare, try new things and be you:)
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Cancer survivor you are my hero:)
  • Wingslapped
    Options
    I don't know if any of this is applicable to you, but here is what I've done so far:

I looked at my diet to locate areas I could improve: too much sugar and not enough veggies. Having lean protein and a generous serving of veggies in each meal helps keep me full in between meals. I keep chicken tenders and tilapia around because they are quick to cook on my grill pan, so I don't have an excuse to eat out. I watch portion size and drink water throughout the day. All this and adding water aerobics & strength training to my life helped me lose 8 lbs before joining this site.