When do you log your meals?

Options

Replies

• cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I log all but dinner the night before or the morning of. Once eaten cannot be taken back... I log before I eat! :bigsmile:
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i like to log before but lately i log as i eat....i cant personally log at the end of the day
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I log mine soon after I eat them so I don't forget anything! I don't think it makes much difference as long as everything gets logged!!
  • marilynsuarez
    Options
    I'm just starting off and have found it really hard to find the time to log meals after eating them. I'm gonna try preplanning the meals the night before. That might help.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what works for others... Do you log your meals in the morning, planning what you are going to eat that day or do you wait until the evening and log what you have ate? I am trying to find what works for me an was wondering what other people do who have had sucess on here... Thanks!

Sometimes I log them all in the morning, sometimes as I go along, I never stick to a pattern I must admit.
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    I pre log based on my meals I have planned for the next day as well. You should always eat for what you are GOING to do, not for what you already did. So, I plan my meals around the next day's activities, log it, then it is simple to stick to my program. :-) It also holds me accountable during the day. There are times when I am tempted to pick at something in the breakroom, but I know it isn't accounted for in my calories and macros for the day, so I don't touch it.
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I try to log as soon after meal as possible and have logged some before eating when i know the meal in advance. I have found if I wait til evening to log I end up eating more calories. I use the phone app for logging foods and its actually easier than using lap top.
  • cherrybl0ssoms
    cherrybl0ssoms Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I batch cook so I always have 3 meals prepared the night before for my meals at work. I usually log those 3 in the morning, and if I know what I am having for my 2 meals after I get home, I'll log those too. Makes me more likely to stick to my meal plan! If anything varies, I change it after I get home from the gym and log my exercise.
  • Kopciu
    Kopciu Posts: 3
    Options
    I log after each meal or end of the day.. If i don't pack my own food - I log on and look up food before I eat (normally lunch). If I don't have access- I try to eat the same foods I have previously logged -
  • iLuvWater
    iLuvWater Posts: 1
    Options
    I log them in within the hour I eat them.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I try to know the calories of things before I eat them and I log as I go. right after I eat.

^^^ This is how I log everything that I do as well
  • Pelican71
    Pelican71 Posts: 16
    Options
    When school is in I log in my food in the morning as I'm preparing my lunch to take with me; I log water and dinner and I'm having them.

Now that its summer I log in as I eat. However, I'm always checking to see where I am as far as my goal and exercise.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I normally log right after I eat, so I'm accurate at what I just ate so I don't forget anything. Lately I have been pre-logging some meals just to keep myself on track.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I log after each meal or snack, when possible. But I eat a pretty consistent diet of similar things, so it's not too difficult to do this way. I know many people who log the day before, and I could probably do that because I make a food calendar for a month at a time of what I'm eating each day, but I never know when the ingredients may change, or the meal itself, or we go out too late to cook dinner... etc.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I try to pre-log in the morning as I usually have everything planned for the day...except for weeks like this one where I haven't had any time to go grocery shopping!!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I generally log as soon as I eat. If I know we're going to be eating out, I'll usually find what I want to eat before hand and log it and hope it keeps me from over indulging.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    before except for evening snacks, those are usually tracked after
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I log as I eat them usually. That way I know where I am calorie wise. If we go out I'll look over the menu then figure what I can eat. Drives my family crazy.:tongue:
  • HelDavison
    Options
    I like to log as I 've eaten them, this way I don't forget to put everything down
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    With my iPhone as I go. I look up stuff when I eat out, only to find that I don't want anything because everything is so high in calories.