girls with LONG hair?!!

Options
hey girlie's! my hair is SUPER long; almost to my waist, and I never know how to do it for the gym. when i just put it in a bun it falls out from all of the bouncing (i run and do zumba) so that never works. If i just put it in a ponytail it sticks to my sweaty skin (like doing inverted things in pilates). it is such a frustrating and distracting problem! anyone have good hair style tips for the gym?!!

Replies

• lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Braid! and then a low bun in back/side.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I've tried braiding it, that seems to work best
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Have you tried braiding it? Maybe braid it then wrap the braid around to a bun?
  • daniellexcara
    daniellexcara Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My hairs pretty long too, about down to my belly button. I put it in a side braid or a back braid and it keeps it out of my face and doesnt get as sweaty. Or I do a really tight bun, with bobby pins if necessary and a headband to keep it away from my forehead
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ponytail with one elastic. Second elastic holds the bun.

Alternatively, one or two braids. (I know two braids sort of screams "Hey, old man in the white van! I want free candy!" but it works)
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Id pony it off, braid it from the pony then put it in a bun or leave be.
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My hairs pretty long too, about down to my belly button. I put it in a side braid or a back braid and it keeps it out of my face and doesnt get as sweaty. Or I do a really tight bun, with bobby pins if necessary and a headband to keep it away from my forehead

This! my daughter is a high school cheerleader and on the dance team and who does more jumping around then them!! i fix hers wet with gel and lots of hair spray when possible--- she has also been known to use several ponytail holders at once in different directions and that seems to help too.
  • Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When my hair was super long I used to wear it in a bun with a chopstick. I would take it and twist it around the chopstick about halfway down and then into a bun and put the chopstick through. I had it down to an art. It wouldn't move and if my hair was wet in the morning, it would still be wet when I took the bun out. Definitely a learned skill!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My hair is really thick and goes down to just above my butt. I usually just do a pony tail or a pony tail and then braid it. I also like to do side french braids with the front pieces of my hair because it works perfect to keep the hair off of my face.
  • sesmarks
    sesmarks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you call it, but I do kind of a ponytail loop - I pull my hair through an elastic two times, and then on the third time, I only pull it half-way through. So it's half the length of my ponytail, and pretty much off my neck.
  • jamies76
    jamies76 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain--mine's down to the top of my butt.

I pull it back in a ponytail, twist it and pull the end through like a knot, then keep twisting it and wrap the remainder in a bun and secure with several claw clips. (Not sure what to call them.) Mine's far too long to do the typical bun when working out, and the braid turns into a long rope that beats my back.