new and I have lupus,,,

Options
Since I hit 39 this year, and was recently diagnosed with lupus,, (finally explains the extreme exhaustion and achiness!) I decided to really focus on my health and lose some weight,, looking forward to following this blog and getting tips and support!

Replies

• cathyann14
    Options
    :ohwell: Since I hit 39 this year, and was recently diagnosed with lupus,, (finally explains the extreme exhaustion and achiness!) I decided to really focus on my health and lose some weight,, looking forward to following this blog and getting tips and support!
    I am a high school special education teacher in Illinois with two boys ages 11 and 8. My goal is to lose 30 pounds and one to two pant sizes,,

"Success does not consist in never making blunders, but in never making the same one the second time"
    H. W. Shaw
  • Sissy1074
    Sissy1074 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too have Lupus (diagnosed early this year), I made a pact with myself in June to get this extra weight off so my symptoms can lessen. It isn't easy, I feel so tired most of the time. I do get bursts of energy though and try to use that as much as possible. I will request you as a friend and hopefully we can help each other with our goals!

I am 37, wife and mom (16, 14 and 8) and want to lose 85 pounds..(down to 73 now...)!

Good luck!
  • wxgurl
    wxgurl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I am 39, and I have fibro and some autoimmune issues...I have about 50 lbs to lose, but know that I can do it, especially now that i have an 8 month old son who is becoming mobile. I owe it to him to be healthy and able to keep up with him and my husband!
  • cathyann14
    Options
    Okay then ladies! Let's support eachother! Congrats to you Sissy1074 on the weight loss so far! Keep going!~ We are moms and we need to be as healthy as we can for our kids! I am taking them to the pool today and promised myself that I am going to do some water exercises today for at least 20 minutes and not just lay there and read~! :)