anyone from phoenix?

Options
2»

Replies

• isntbaconhealthy
    Options
    I'm not from Phoenix but we vacationed there and LOVE IT!

I have a slightly off topic question. I am looking to do Camelback when I visit again in October :) (hopefully) Who has done it and any tips???

Great hike. If you are experienced try the west side. If not the east side is still quite challenging. Great hike either side. Bring lots of water
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options

I have a slightly off topic question. I am looking to do Camelback when I visit again in October :) (hopefully) Who has done it and any tips???

I live near there. Go early, and on a weekday of possible. It's a great view from the top, but has become very popular with suburbanites - most of whom have no sense of trail etiquette. The trail is narrow in many places and when it gets crowded there is no way to keep a rythem going.
  • christyjoyjr
    Options

I live near there. Go early, and on a weekday of possible. It's a great view from the top, but has become very popular with suburbanites - most of whom have no sense of trail etiquette. The trail is narrow in many places and when it gets crowded there is no way to keep a rythem going.

Love that you mention "trail etiquette." One of my pet peeves.
  • Pronoiac
    Options
    Love that you mention "trail etiquette." One of my pet peeves.

Mine too, obviously! ; )
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Phoenix!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Tempe. I bike the canals in the winter. I don't go outside this time of year. I have two fans pointed at my treadmill.
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    central phoenix
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Raised in Scottsdale, live on the west side now. As far as organizing, I can't even get anybody to have a drink with me. So trying to get people to go out into the wilderness with me isn't going to happen.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    I'm still waiting for a thread asking who's in Bullhead!
  • Pronoiac
    Options
    I'm still waiting for a thread asking who's in Bullhead!

Then you better start one since you are likely the only member from that crater!
  • cocotier
    cocotier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Valley Phoenix
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    From New Hampshire, but I've lived in Scottsdale for a couple summers and I visit family there every spring :)
  • harbie04
    harbie04 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks isntbaconheal, Pronoiac, and christyjoyjr for the tips. I am definately a novice so I'm gonna start on the East side and then move on up ;)
  • j2tyco
    j2tyco Posts: 42
    Options
    far east mesa here :-)

for beginning Arizona weather hikers or visitors try the ones out in Gold Canyon to get away from the crowds

Like this one http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=61 its a good way to get in some desert hiking so you don't become one of those morons on the news getting air lifted off the mt...
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Live out in Gilbert but work downtown. I love to hike and used to go with the Gilbert's Park & Recs but not sure if they do them anymore. I don't like to go by myself so now I just do the gym stuff. During the winter I walk/jog the canals near the house.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    North Phoenix. Doing anything this time of year is tough so I get up at 4:30 on run days so I am outside running by 5.