GUACAMOLE - HERE!

Options
INFJ
INFJ Posts: 86 Member
My recipe that I *love* but is practically pure avocado (high calories) is:

1 avocado, 2 shakes of Tabasco, 1 minced garlic clove, juice of half a lime, salt and pepper.

If you have a nice homemade guacamole recipe please add it!

Replies

• spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Pretty much what I do, sometimes I omit the garlic (eventhough I love garlic)

And I typically used dried or fresh chilies over tabasco...that way you can make it spicier too.

Cilantro is awesome too in it.

It looks kinda nasty but mixing in diced tomatoes is pretty good too or salsa if you are feeling lazy.

I also sometime just use pure avocado or add some chili powder, cumin and oregano (one of my favorite combos)

Guacamole is awesome, I know someone who almost called it" whack a mole" cause they never heard of it and thought it was gross. This was not by accident either...some people???!!???
  • INFJ
    Options
    LOL that is awesome, thank you! I am going to try the chili powder, cumin and oregano combo... I've never tried anything like it before, it sounds delish!
  • suedahms
    suedahms Posts: 1
    Options
    Homemade guacamole - 3 avocados, chopped red onion, chopped jalapeno, chopped cilantro, juice of one lime and sea salt. Mix it up and it's delicious. Add crushed garlic if you like - but yummy without it.
  • INFJ
    Options
    I can't wait to try these....!
  • catinhounstooth
    Options
    Homemade guacamole - 3 avocados, chopped red onion, chopped jalapeno, chopped cilantro, juice of one lime and sea salt. Mix it up and it's delicious. Add crushed garlic if you like - but yummy without it.
    Yes! this is exactly what I do except usually just two avocados. To me it doesn't taste right without a little red onion!
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I cut mine with tomato: equal parts avocado and chopped tomato, cilantro, red onion, garlic, lime juice, and cumin- maybe a little of your favourite hot sauce on top- SO GOOD.
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    I have to be honest. I am not a big Guacamole fan but these recipes sound great. I am going to try some. Thanks for sharing.
  • cooper258
    cooper258 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/creamy-avocado-yogurt-dip/

This avocado yogurt dip is my new obsession. It's like a creamy guacamole dip.
  • brassedoff
    Options
    am i mistaken or is cilantro french for parsley?
  • cooper258
    cooper258 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cilantro is also known as Chinese parsley. It's not parsley though. It grows from the coriander seed I believe.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I wing everything to taste, but....
    2-3 avocados, some garlic, some garlic salt, a bunch of tabasco, some lime, some onion, cilantro, and onion and tomato.
  • brassedoff
    Options
    just been searching for answer , it seems it is the flat leaf parsley as opposed to the curly type . looks so much like coriander and is same family. it`s jogged my memory to nearly buying it instead of coriander as it appears so like it. i prefer coriander to this other , it has a more perfumed aroma and taste
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    I have 2 ripe avocados just waiting to be made into guacamole!lol
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have Never used garlic.

Mine -

Small onion, diced finely. Juice one lime and pour juice over the onion. Dice one jalapeño and one plum tomato finely. Mash two avocado. I then just play with the ingredients. I'll drain all of the lime juice from the onions into the avocado, then just add a little of the onion, jalapeño and tomato at a time along with some salt until it tastes right.
    I also recently started adding cilantro too. Same thing, chop some up and add a little at a time.

The chef at my favorite local restaurant swears by cumin but i don't care for it as much.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't have exact amounts as I just 'eyeball' it, but ...

2 avacados - one fork mashed, one chopped
    1 medium jalapeno - minced
    1-2 garlic cloves - minced
    Zest and juice of 1 large lime
    about 1/3 cup each - chopped tomato, chopped onion and chopped cilantro
    cumin, salt, black pepper to taste
  • bcattoes
    Options
    am i mistaken or is cilantro french for parsley?

Cilantro is coriander.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I LOVE avocados, but I am allergic to them, they make me incredibly sick. But oh, how I love them! Enjoy your guacamole for me...
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Omg, I LOVE, love, love guacomole... I don't have a recipe that I follow, I usually just mash an avacado, add 1 or 2 tsp of sour cream, teaspoon of lemon (or lime) juice, and some salt & pepper to taste... I like to add the sour cream for a more creamier consistency but I've had it without it and it's just as good.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    The chef at my favorite local restaurant swears by cumin but i don't care for it as much.

I'm with him/her. I think a little cumin makes all the difference!!
  • LMPF97
    LMPF97 Posts: 3
    Options
    Avocado, salt, pepper, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, sriracha, jalapeño, onion, tomatoes, and garlic! :love: now im craving some guaq