I haven't weighed myself for 4 months.

Options
OnWisconsin84
OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
Today marks 4 months of my biggest non-scale victory to date: not weighing myself!!

I put this accomplishment above any other non-scale or scale victories I've had throughout my entire journey, mostly because I was quite literally addicted to weighing myself. Morning, before bathroom, after bathroom, before meal, after meal, before workout, after...well...you get it...

I am proud to say that in the past 4 months I've also not had one single 'major binge' that I was so notorious for in the past, which would usually occur at least a couple times a month, if not every weekend. It's been such a free feeling knowing that my mood isn't dependent upon a number on the scale. If it was up, I'd freak out & have a bad day, which turned into a bad week, which could carry on for months at a time before I 'got it together'.

Now, I trust myself to make good choices (at least 80/20 is what I strive for, no longer striving for unattainable & unrealistic perfection) and have really learned to love my body. Other changes I've made in this time have included eating more than 1200 calories (I think this, coupled with not seeing the # on the scale move erratically on the regular has helped control the binge aspect, since it's psychological for me), and increasing my strength training quite a bit.

Anyway, just wanted to share since this has been a huge accomplishment for me. I hope that in 60 more days I can be here to celebrate 6 months of scale sobriety :heart:

Replies

• dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I've recently upped my calories from 1200 also, and don't step on the scale every single day...

CONGRATS!
  • dedarlin
    dedarlin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    good job! i NEED to stop the scale, it is so hard! i don't have one at home, but if i don't really concentrate on staying away from it in the gym lockerroom i just can't help myself!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    OnWisconsin84- I loved your post! I am one that weighs myself everyday and sometimes multiple times during the day. I also loved what you said about trying to eat clean 80/20% of the time. I really love that idea! Because I also find it very hard to stick to a restrictive diet. I am doing the Body for Life program. My eating habits have done a 180 turn, even though I do not eat clean 100% of the time. I think that I may try to take my scales out of my life. Because I get so discouraged when I weigh, if I don't lose scale wt and I know how hard I have exercised and eaten clean.
    Thanks!
    Shannon
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    that's totally awesome!! i'm also a recovering "multipe-times-a-day" weigher and the longest i've gone is 3 weeks. i was supposed to stop for the month july but i gave in after week. hopefully, i can make it until aug 1st.

go you!! totally inspirational!! and YAYYYY for no binges!!!! :)
  • Toofhairy
    Toofhairy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful and inspiring! I am also a scale addict and thought I was the only person in the world who weighed before and after bathroom, LOL. The longest I've gone without weighing is 2 days so far. Great NSV for you!
  • Fit2morrow
    Fit2morrow Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - your photos show a real change over time and you look both healthy and fantastic!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Like a Boss. :heart:
  • asbonita3
    asbonita3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Put my scale in my bf's car about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Only weighed myself once at the gym since but to me it doesn't count because I usually weigh myself in my bday suit lol.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! Like you I would spiral outta control if I saw the number go up...even if it was because of water or whatever. So I've decided to not weight myself until middle of Aug or maybe further out... I'm going for "i look better and feel better" approach instead!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    This is awesome- i'm like you were in the beginnning. I weigh myself everychance I get :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!