C25K or 30DS?

Options
Alright guys, I can't decide between doing 30DS and C25K. I was planning on C25K but since i've been sick i've had a lot of time to read and i've seen so many good things about 30DS on this site!! Help please?

Replies

• jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    I attempted the 30ds and couldn't do it.

I really enjoy c25k thought. I am on week 6 day 1 and haven't had to repeat a day yet. You get two totally different results from each program though, so that is a question you'll want to ask yourself: do you want to strengthen your muscles or do you want to become a runner?
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Both... Do they 30 ds then go running... or switch off each day... run, 30ds, run, 30ds. It's really good to switch up your routine. :)
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Alright guys, I can't decide between doing 30DS and C25K. I was planning on C25K but since i've been sick i've had a lot of time to read and i've seen so many good things about 30DS on this site!! Help please?

Both! Alternate days and extend the time it takes you to do C25K. I did it and I repeated weeks when needed. I didnt make it to the end but I am working on it again. :) 30 mins each day doing something is great for you!!

MWF:shred
    Tue, Th, Sat: run
    Sunday: walk the dog, go for a hike or just take the day off.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i haven't done c25k

going from a complete lazyass to 30ds is pretty cool though. after about 5 days it definitely gets easier. why not do both?
  • netsirk12
    Options
    I also have ripped in 30 so I basically try to have some sort of date with jillian every other day.
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I hadn't thought about doing both and alternating days!! I think i'll do that! I guess I can get the 30DS at Walmart? I think i'll get it this weekend and start Monday. I have a thing about starting weight loss stuff on days that aren't Monday....Is that weird? Probably...ha! Thanks so much!!
  • netsirk12
    Options
    Thanks guys! I hadn't thought about doing both and alternating days!! I think i'll do that! I guess I can get the 30DS at Walmart? I think i'll get it this weekend and start Monday. I have a thing about starting weight loss stuff on days that aren't Monday....Is that weird? Probably...ha! Thanks so much!!

Level 1 is on youtube. :) But yes Walls & Target have it!
  • BehindtheScenes
    BehindtheScenes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The DVD can also be ordered off of Amazon.com for $7.49 (tax included) and you get a free download of the tape sent to your Amazon library to use immediately.
  • Kjphotography90
    Options
    A friend was going to let me borrow hers but I actually found all 3 Levels on Youtube! That makes me happy!
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Both... Do they 30 ds then go running... or switch off each day... run, 30ds, run, 30ds. It's really good to switch up your routine. :)

this exactly!!!
  • healthycourt2012
    Options
    I've thought about doing both! I just started C25K yesterday and it was GREAT. not extremely hard but it wasn't a big breeze for me either lol cause my asthma is not used to me working out again. it'll get better though. im thinking about starting 30DS next week :) i've tried ti a few times and it was ROUGH but i've seen the results and i know it works!!
  • Kjphotography90
    Options
    I'll have to wait until Monday to start due to being sick (I tried today and couldn't do over 5 minutes because I couldn't breathe and kept having to blow my nose) but i'm definitely going to alternate. Hopefully not letting my body get too used to either work out will help with the inches and pounds falling off!!
  • sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both, alternating days! 30DS is killer for me, so C25K almost feels like a rest day which is nice since my muscles are so sore from 30DS!