40+ and highly motivated!

Options
Mellie289
Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
Hi everyone -- I'm 42 in a few days, 5' 6" and trying to lose at least 25 pounds more after dropping 25 already and running my first 5K last month. I have a lot of self-motivation but I'm not so much about dieting -- just eating healthy, and that keeps the calorie count down.

I'm looking to work out really hard for the next couple of months (I've joined the 30 Day Shred group and I'm trying the 100 miles in July challenge). I teach and I have more time now during the summer break to give this a little more than I can during the academic year.

It would be great to have some more friends here who are also highly motivated to get fit or who have similar fitness goals. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• mookievabch
    mookievabch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also 40 + 5' 7" and trying to loose 15 lbs. I have been working out with Shred now for about 3 weeks but have not worked on it everyday due to my schedule. How have you been doing with Shred I am up to level 2 but actually go back and forth between level 1 and 2 because I feel like it works out different muscle groups. Are you shredding everyday?
  • lchitwo1
    lchitwo1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also a 40+ new to MFP, just wondering about the 30 day Shred group you mentioned in your post. Can you give me more info?
  • mookievabch
    mookievabch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://jillianmichaels.shop.sportstoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=JIAM13

The website above is Jillian Michaels DVD it is named 30 day Shred. It's an intense 20 minute work out but if you have a busy life it is a great way to start a healthy lifestyle.
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been a member for a couple of months. I am 44 and have about 10 more to go. Would love a new friend. I will send a request.