looking for HRM suggestions.

Options
I am looking to get a HRM this week, and i need some suggestions. What brands do you like? don't like?

TIA

Replies

• spragukr
    spragukr Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I like it a lot. I did some research on here before purchasing it and lots of people said they liked the FT4. It doesn't do as much as a more expensive one, such as an FT7, but for me it does exactly what I need it to do and it does it well.
  • xokatelynmariexo
    xokatelynmariexo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    thanks you are the second person to recommend that brand.
  • NagG23
    NagG23 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I bought it for $70 (Amazon.com). I did lot of research before buying and these are the differences that i could recall.

1.FT7 can be programmed to help you stay within a heart rate range while working out.
    2. FT7 can store 100 workout summaries and FT4 can store only 10 ( guess.)
    3. FT7 has Weight loss and Fat burn indicator based on the heart rate. FT4 don't display that.

If any of these features are important for you, go with FT7.
    FT7 is $10 expensive than FT4.
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    I am also interested in buying a HRM... so the FT4 is good and counts calories burned good?
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I own the older Polar F4 make sure if you work out in a gym the heart rate monitor you buy is coded!! If it isn't you will get interference from other heart rate monitors and the machines.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I own the older Polar F4 make sure if you work out in a gym the heart rate monitor you buy is coded!! If it isn't you will get interference from other heart rate monitors and the machines.

and also wanted to add if you do any kind of group classes too it would be good to have coded.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    I have the Sportsline from Wal-Mart, never had a problem with it. $25-$30 price range.
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    okk... thats goood!
    Because I am on amazon right now, and I just want to order a good one that best counts the calories burned!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into one as well and I just found this article (granted I'm at work so I haven't had time to read it yet so I have no idea if it's good or not... and it is from a couple months ago)

http://www.consumersearch.com/heart-rate-monitors